🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: We found a problem with your primary bill...
Page options
f21098fc
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

Hello! I have recently create an account to look for work last week. After putting in my billing method, I have received 50 connects but all of a sudden I received an error stating that there was a financial hold. I did not receive any email and the support chat will not connect with anyone, it just keeps taking me to an article for community or academy. What should I do next?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Tashyra,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
LuiggiR

Hi Tashyra,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
fe3546c9
Community Member

My financial account has been suspended wih unknown reason . I don't know what i will do . Could you help me?

Screenshot 2024-05-01 123813.pngScreenshot 2024-05-01 123652.png

Hi Mehmet,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I followed up with the relevant team and I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now. Feel free to message us if you need any other assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
5f2932a3
Community Member

Hello!

I have this problem with my account.. I have tried adding different payment methods that all work outside upwork, but still no use. My credit card was charged for three times.

I have also tried all the methods in the articles posted on the help center, still no joy. 

I hope someone can help me.

- Carolina M.

Hi Carolina,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a7c0adce
Community Member

Hello,

Please I need urgent assistance as I have been suspended for the past two weeks from upwork and this has greatly set me back.

The problem: I tried adding my debit card and it failed both times and then the error message attached below appeared on my screen and has not left since then.

I have tried many ways to find a solution by writing to upwor and just trying to get in direct contact with customer support to no avail.

I am new to upwork and this is a huge inconvinience to me seeing as I am trying to become a very active freelancer on the platform.

@moderators kindly assist me on this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Here are steps you can take to escalate your issue:

1. Support Tickets: If you haven't already, make sure to open a support ticket through Upwork's help center. Explain your situation in detail, including the attempts you've made to add your debit card, the error message received, and the impact this limitation is having on your work.

2. Upwork Community Forums: You can post a detailed explanation of your issue in the Upwork Community forums where moderators and other community members may offer advice on what to do next or how to expedite your support request.

3. Email: If you received any email notifications regarding the suspension, reply to those emails directly to reach out to the support staff.

4. Social Media: In some cases, reaching out to Upwork via their social media channels (like Twitter or LinkedIn) can get the attention of their support team and help expedite your request.

5. Live Chat: Check if Upwork's help center offers a live chat feature. If available, this can sometimes offer a quicker response.

Make sure to provide all relevant details and be polite but persistent. Because financial transactions are a sensitive area, account limitations can sometimes take longer to resolve due to security checks and verifications Upwork must perform.

Keep in mind that account limitations are often placed automatically as a security measure, and clearing them up can require a manual review which may take time.

Hi Akor,

I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
f6d5c2ae
Community Member

Hi Armanda,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I am pleased to inform you that your account is already restored now.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

I have exactly similar issue for almost a month. I have also lodged a ticket complaint (# 46875734) 5 days ago but didn't get any response, please help.

Muhammad Ali

89edcc7b
Community Member

Hello..

I need an urgent solution on my account, it has been limited for almost a week even though I have added a new billing method. This is really slowing my work down. How can the restriction be lifted?

I can't purchase connect or do anything !! 
it's really frustrating 😪

Hi Timi,

I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
yousafahmad
Community Member

I'm getting the message as per the subject line and not sure how i can resolve it. I have contacted my bank and it is not an issue on their end.

Hi Yousaf,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
lucioric
Community Member

How?. My ID card is in Spanish, that is not English but shares the same alphabet, and i haven’t had problem, but I think that Upwork as a global Marketplace should have support for all oficial languages for the ID cards. More nowadays that there are optical character recognition tools and translation tools.

Hi Lucio Ricardo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can confirm that your ID has been verified and there's no name mismatch on your payment method. Can you please tell us more information about your concern so that we can take a closer look and assist you accordingly? Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay

I have the same problem. I have already update my new billing info couple weeks ago and im not able to open new jobs to hire a freelancer. I'm not sure how to open a ticket to fix a problem with my account

-mando

Hi Erick,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
556c9813
Community Member

I have the same issue... I have to solved this for a while now.

Mine also says 

Financial transactions for Joseph Ubadineke (96695159) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

Kindly advice, thanks

Hi Joseph,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I have a problem with my Upwork account. The following error message appears:

"We found an issue with your primary billing method and have placed it on hold."

I have already contacted my bank and they confirmed that there is no problem with the account.

I would like to request help to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Hi Kayo,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I am having the same issue. Can anyone help. My bank says the issue is not on their end.

Hi Julian,

I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. I'm sorry you're having difficulties using your billing method. One of our agents will contact you soon on this page to coordinate and assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello, I have the same problem with my upwork account. 
Can anyone help me? 

I have this problem as well. The card is good. Please contact me.

I'm having this problem as well. Please contact me. 

I have this problem as well. The card is good. Please contact me.

I'm facing this same problem, I changed 3 cards and even added paypal and still it isn't resolving the issue

Hi Pushkal,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have the same issue and tried various methods to resolve it which unfortunetely didn't work. 

Hi Anastasia,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
02fba070
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to upwork. I am having the issue regarding addition of billing method for more than 3 weeks. I am adding my debit card (Visa) but Upwork is showing it as inactive, however, I have confirmed its activation from my bank several times. My financial transactions are on hold due to which I am unable to buy connects and can't do any job here. I have contacted customer support several times and also create the token (# 46875734) but the issue still persists. Please guide me what to do now?

Try wire-transfer method instead

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've followed up with the relevant team, and they are still reviewing your account. We're currently experiencing an unusually high volume of inquiries, causing delays in our response time. Nonetheless, you can rest assured that they will be getting back to you as soon as they have an update to share.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a5ce39e6
Community Member

Hi! I'm new here but cannot start because my account had a financial hold. I received a mail and followed the steps (changed the payment method) but still get the message: "financial transactions had been limited". What can I do to fix it? Thanks! Please help, it's been more than a week now.

6ccfe2ed
Community Member

hello, I have been presenting the same problem! My account has been limited financially for my billing method. I already do the things that I was supposed to do in the email. I changed the billing method and the page recognized it, but the sanction has not been lifted. I have been waiting for almost a week and nothing has changed. I also chatted with the customer support bot and it told me that if I want to reach out with any one of the support team I answered the email with the trouble, but I have not received a response yet. Please could any one of support team person could check my case please!

190ccee0
Community Member

Hi, there are 3 errors showing up on my profile:
1. We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now.

1. Financial transactions for Usva Amjad (95188791) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

3. Your account has been limited. Please contact customer support.

I didn’t get any emails regarding the issue from Upwork. The problem was with my billing method. So I removed my billing method that was having problems and changed the billing method, but still, the same errors are showing and I’m unable to buy connects. Can you please help me get out of this problem? I tried multiple times to contact customer support but I didn't get anything. The problem still exists. I provided all the specific details to you multiple times.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths