🐈
» Forums » Support » Billing Method
Page options
f21098fc
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

Hello! I have recently create an account to look for work last week. After putting in my billing method, I have received 50 connects but all of a sudden I received an error stating that there was a financial hold. I did not receive any email and the support chat will not connect with anyone, it just keeps taking me to an article for community or academy. What should I do next?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Tashyra,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

103 REPLIES 103

I have this problem as well. The card is good. Please contact me.

I'm having this problem as well. Please contact me. 

I have this problem as well. The card is good. Please contact me.

I'm facing this same problem, I changed 3 cards and even added paypal and still it isn't resolving the issue

Hi Pushkal,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have the same issue and tried various methods to resolve it which unfortunetely didn't work. 

Hi Anastasia,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
02fba070
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to upwork. I am having the issue regarding addition of billing method for more than 3 weeks. I am adding my debit card (Visa) but Upwork is showing it as inactive, however, I have confirmed its activation from my bank several times. My financial transactions are on hold due to which I am unable to buy connects and can't do any job here. I have contacted customer support several times and also create the token (# 46875734) but the issue still persists. Please guide me what to do now?

Try wire-transfer method instead

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've followed up with the relevant team, and they are still reviewing your account. We're currently experiencing an unusually high volume of inquiries, causing delays in our response time. Nonetheless, you can rest assured that they will be getting back to you as soon as they have an update to share.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a5ce39e6
Community Member

Hi! I'm new here but cannot start because my account had a financial hold. I received a mail and followed the steps (changed the payment method) but still get the message: "financial transactions had been limited". What can I do to fix it? Thanks! Please help, it's been more than a week now.

6ccfe2ed
Community Member

hello, I have been presenting the same problem! My account has been limited financially for my billing method. I already do the things that I was supposed to do in the email. I changed the billing method and the page recognized it, but the sanction has not been lifted. I have been waiting for almost a week and nothing has changed. I also chatted with the customer support bot and it told me that if I want to reach out with any one of the support team I answered the email with the trouble, but I have not received a response yet. Please could any one of support team person could check my case please!

190ccee0
Community Member

Hi, there are 3 errors showing up on my profile:
1. We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now.

1. Financial transactions for Usva Amjad (95188791) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

3. Your account has been limited. Please contact customer support.

I didn’t get any emails regarding the issue from Upwork. The problem was with my billing method. So I removed my billing method that was having problems and changed the billing method, but still, the same errors are showing and I’m unable to buy connects. Can you please help me get out of this problem? I tried multiple times to contact customer support but I didn't get anything. The problem still exists. I provided all the specific details to you multiple times.

Hi Usva,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b4617a57
Community Member

Hello, I added my debit card and I see the successful charge but I still see the red warnings below:

We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now.
Financial transactions for XXXX have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

The debit card charge hasn't been reversed and I cannot apply to any job. 

Hi Bren,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6ccfe2ed
Community Member

hello, I wrote here on the post yesterday, I need help please!  I have been presenting the same problem! My account has been limited financially for my billing method, it tells me the same:

We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now.
Financial transactions for XXXX have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I already do the things that I was supposed to do in the email. I changed the billing method and the page recognized it, but the sanction has not been lifted. I have been waiting for almost a week and nothing has changed. I also chatted with the customer support bot and it told me that if I want to reach out with any one of the support team I answered the email with the trouble, but I have not received a response yet. Please could any one of support team person could check my case please!

Hi Christian,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6ccfe2ed
Community Member

Ok thank you very much! I will keep an eye on. I will be waiting for your response!

be31aaa2
Community Member

Hello,

I have two issues regarding my Upwork account. Firstly, I am unable to verify my account in any way. Despite submitting the requested ID twice and once providing my driver's license, I continue to see the same "account not verified" warning.

My second problem is that my financial account has been suspended. I may have noticed this a bit late, but previously, my Payoneer account was registered, which I suspect may be the cause. Therefore, I deleted the Payoneer account and replaced it with the bank account I use in my own country. However, changing the payment method doesn't seem to be effective. I have not received any emails regarding this situation. How can I fix this?

I've mentioned both problems at once because I suspect they may be related. I would greatly appreciate it if there is an authorized person who can assist me with this.

Thank you.

Hi Naz,

I see that you've submitted a support ticket about your financial account concerns. The team has responded with more information and further instructions in resolving the issue. Please continue to coordinate with the team through this ticket or your email if you need additional assistance; they'll gladly look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6ccfe2ed
Community Member

Hello, I have been presenting this problem! My account has been limited financially for my billing method, it tells me:

I already do the things that I was supposed to do in the email. I changed the billing method and the page recognized it, but the sanction has not been lifted. I have been waiting for almost a week and nothing has changed. I also chatted with the customer support bot and it told me that if I want to reach out with any one of the support team I answered the email with the trouble, but I have not received a response yet. Please could any one of support team person could check my case please!

Hi Christian,

I see that you've submitted a support ticket about your financial account concerns. The team has responded with more information and further instructions in resolving the issue. Please continue to coordinate with the team through this ticket or your email if you need additional assistance; they'll gladly look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8d5dd620
Community Member

Hello, I have this problem that my account has been limited, but I don't know how to solve it. I have already done everything I should. could someone give me a hand?

Hi Ceferino,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
1842dbc8
Community Member

I am not able to update anything on my account and haven't received an email about any holds or problems. Below are the two alerts I can see when I login. I added a new payment method but that didn't resolve the issues. Can someone please provide direction on how I can resolve these so I can update and use my account? Thank you!

We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now.

Financial transactions for Name (Number) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

Hi Mark,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you on this page with more information and further assistance resolving your account issues.

~ Arjay
Upwork
69df5b9e
Community Member

Sorry please upwork you guys limited my account on buying points and can use billing method ..i dont know cause i used my brother and father and friends account. Please i need your help 

URGENTLY...

Hi King,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
655bb6f6
Community Member

I cannot submit a new support request. There is no phone number to call. Chat is just a robot - after I type all the information in, it does not allow me to speak to a human. I tried to enter a support ticket, but the option is not available. The webpage does not load to enable me to enter a support ticket.

How do I get help? 

The second line says Financial transactions for Jefferson Nunn (97139156) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

There are no open invoices. My account does not renew actually until the 15th. My identity is verified.

Why is my account limited? Why am I unable to receive support? 

Hi Jefferson,

I'm very sorry for any frustration this may have caused. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
783de16c
Community Member

Is anyone experiencing this? I have updated my payment method twice and I am still getting this.

Thanks!

Hi Jeanice,

We can see that you already submitted a support ticket to our team. Please allow them time to review and update you directly on your open ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
783de16c
Community Member

Hi JoanneP it says I no longer have access to the ticket.

09a699ec
Community Member

I recently got the same issue after setting up my billing method. I have done what the chatbot suggested but not nothings change. What options do I have to take again?

Hi Oluwadarasimi,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
rohaankhan341
Community Member

Hello, It's been more than 5 days since I added my bank account but it is still showing "inactive". I have tried re-adding several times. Nothing works. No email from Upwork, nothing. I filed a requests, It's not even showing to me now. 
What should I do Now? And yes, I don't live in U.S.

Check your requests here.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests

Maybe some useful info there. Yes, default security hold for activation is 5 days.

Hi Rohaan,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bisnarcristy
Community Member

Hi,

I've been using Upwork for almost 5 years now and I am trying to withdraw my funds and encountered this error "Your financial account has been suspended". PLEASE HELP!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths