🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification Issue
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,236 REPLIES 2,236

Hi Mochamad Thoriq,

I've contacted the review team, who confirmed receiving your submission today. Please allow them 24-72 hours, and you will surely get an update on the status once your ID is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
455931ff
Community Member

Hi, I've tried countless times over the past few days to verify my account. Each time my NIN(national identification number) keeps on being rejected. But it's my government issues ID. I need upwork to accept it as an id from Nigerians. We use it to verify everything. 

524dfbd6
Community Member

Hello, I am a Nigerian. I submitted my NIN card thrice to Upwork to verify my account but it was rejected. Meanwhile presently NIN is the government means of identity verification in Nigeria and now my identity verification status is showing  "We've started a Manual review". Please help me out. Thank you

Hi Fathiah,

I'm sorry if we weren't able to get back to you sooner. I took a closer look and confirmed that your ID has been verified. You can now see the ID verified badge on your profile to validate this. You're all set. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
455931ff
Community Member

ArjayM  I'm facing the same issues. I've tried to use my digital nin and the card version but none have worked. It keeps on being rejected. Please help me verify it. It's showing manual review for the nth time.

daebd6b8
Community Member

Hi. I am pretty miffed about Upwork customer support, mainly because there isn't any. I have been having issues verifying my account. I am stuck in a loop where I am asked to take pictures of my ID to verify my country over and over again. When I try to contact support, the only option I have is to chat with a brain-meltingly useless robot that will send the same useless link 20 times in a row. It will say "If the issue persists, please let me know." I say "it persists". A new text box appears where I am asked to describe the issue again. I do so, hit send and this freaking robot says the exact same thing again, sends the same useless link again and says "If the issue persists...". So I am stuck with an account I can't use because I can't verify and nobody is even reachable for help through official support channels.

If anyone from the support team sees this, I would really appreciate if you reached out, thank you!

daebd6b8_0-1715647482266.png

Hi Florian,

We checked with our verification team, and they've confirmed that one of our agents contacted you directly via a support ticket. You may access it here

~ Joanne
Upwork
7d3f6456
Community Member

Hello, please help me! It says Action required Verify your identity get started. I click on get started. I sign into Upwork.com press start now and it takes me to the page where there is a QR code or a text option. Whether I follow the text link or the QR link it just brings me back to the page that is asking me to choose the QR code or the Link which just reroutes me again back to this same page😵💫 Help?! How do I verify my identity if it won't let me go anywhere but this same page? Thanks 🙏🏻 in advance.

Also having trouble with verification. For me, I am told to take pictures of my ID to verify my account country. Then I go do that. Then it stays in manual review for a few minutes before it switches back to asking me for my ID. This keeps going forever. Upwork's chatbot is of no help at all.

Hi Brianna,

Hi Brianna,

We have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
hwilliams97
Community Member

Hi! Please can someone from customer service get in touch with me? Having some issues around verification and profile picture which I've never had before and have been using upwork for 2 years. Thanks. 

Hi Hanna,

We checked, and it looks like you've already earned the ID-verified badge. You can check your account to confirm. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

My ID was verified but the red banner is now back on my accounts saying
payments have been suspended.

Can you please help?

Hi Hannah, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
sherazg11
Community Member

I have got a my first client and Verified my account using ID Card and Got the ID verified Badge but now this error message is showing up.
How to solve this issue?

Some of your services are temporarily on hold
We would love to get you up and running again on Upwork. But first, we need you to take a few minutes to verify your identity. Click “Get Started” below to begin or “Learn More” for details. Thank you! GET STARTED or LEARN MORE

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

This forum is for profile reviews. Please post your message in the Support Forum and a moderator will assist you.

3ccce1c1
Community Member

Screenshot (149).png

Hi Sandun,

I see that your submission is under manual review. Please allow the team 1-3 days for their review to be completed; you will be notified if there's anything else you need to do. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3ccce1c1
Community Member

Thank you for your support

3cf27ce7
Community Member

For the past 8 days, I've been on the simple task of trying to get my freelance account verified. 8 days of not being able to access clients.

I've spoken to up to 5 different representatives and no matter what they recommended I should try, there was always some new problem I was apparently having. I'm really disappointed to say the very least and would refrain from strictly negative comments, as this is a professional space.

I'm currently on at this point "tagged image". No option to move forward, no email explaining a fault. I've had to do this process manually, checking myself and writing to complaint. Back and forth and back and forth. 

Please. Actual assistance would be immensely appreciated.

Hi Joshua,

I'm sorry to learn about your situation trying to verify your ID. I see you've been in constant communication with the team regarding this; rest assured that they'll review your latest reply and will continue to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
71edf2a5
Community Member

My profile verification does not move forward and I am stuck on 'Choose how to continue on a mobile device'

Please help in fixing this.

71edf2a5_0-1715692193328.png

Hi Chadwa,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the verification process. Since you were already contacted by the relevant team regarding the verification process, would you mind following up with them through your existing support ticket? Rest assured that as soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4116d583
Community Member

Upwork is a **bleep** site. I have not been able to verify my identity for three months. If you ask a question, some bot will answer, the service is 0, but he knows how to get money with a percentage. The purpose of sending a job request is to make money. Upwork does not care about the worker, only works for the benefit of the client. How many people are suffering when identity verification should be made easier?

You cannot request Verification identity. Upwork lets you know when they want to verify your identity. Your profile picture must also represent yourself. Having a complete profile also helps with clients.

Hi Rembo,

Thank you for reaching out, and I'm sorry if you're having difficulties verifying your ID. I see that the team has allowed you to start the ID Verification process. You may follow the link in your email to begin the process. This secure and encrypted link will remain active for 30 days. You can also proceed by going to Settings> Identity Verification

Please visit this help article for more details about acceptable documents during submission. Let us know if you need further assistance; we'll gladly look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
087fef94
Community Member

Action required: Verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork I have uploaded docum

I have uploaded documents but stil it's showing same notifcation and I'm unable to apply on job as well.

Hi Mudassar,

I contacted the team to have your ID reviewed, and they confirmed that your submission has been rejected due to the image quality. You will need to resubmit your ID. Please ensure that it's acceptable and follows the guidelines listed in this help article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
087fef94
Community Member

I reuploaded on well lit and image quality is best but stil at the it has the following message let me attach screenshot with it. Id card.jpeg

Hi Muhassar,

We checked with our verification team, and they confirmed that they have received the ID submission for the badge, which should be reviewed within the day. If they need any additional information, they will contact you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
5e98bc2d
Community Member

I submitted my governmental ID to be verified. it tells me that my ID was verified but at the same screen it gives me the message that my identity needs to be verified and now I can't apply for any jobs. Screenshot (10).png

Hi Mahmoud,

We checked with our verification team, and they confirmed that they have received the ID submission for the badge, which should be reviewed within the day. If they need any additional information, they will reach out to you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
gitonga-brian
Community Member

Hello!
Please let me know why am I unable to apply for jobs? The Apply Now button was working fine an hour ago, but not anymore.
Regards

Hi Brian, 

Thank you for reaching out to us.  I checked and it looks like you need to verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. You can get started on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork
b78d591a
Community Member

I got my first client than Upwork said me for verification.

I tried but two pop ups show of Qr code and of send text to number .

It was completely looping process .

I opened a support ticket,but no one accessed me clearly.

My all services are on hold now.

Upwork system have some glitch.

Please take my matter seriously.

I am new on Upwork just started my freelancing journey on Upwork.

But how can I service If nobody take my issue seriously 😳 😳.

Hi Abdul,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I can see that you're already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket regarding your concern. One of our team members will reach out to you with an update as soon as the investigation is complete. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

It's more than 48 hours till they last messaged me.

I was happy as I got my first client.

But this problem made me sad.

I am still waiting for response.

Kindly proceed it further quickly, as all of my services are on hold now because of this problem.

Looking forward 

I am sorry to hear that you haven't received a response yet, Abdul. I will follow up with the relevant team to request an expedited review of your account and one of our team members will reach you as soon as possible. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
505d0c38
Community Member

Hello, my name merliana, I just have first name, I need change verification name on Upwork for match payment. Can help for that 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths