🐈
» Forums » Support » Verification for my identity
Page options
d277beaa
Community Member

Know Your Customer

Hi all, I recently created an agency account. I haven't added anybody, but as soon as I created it, I am being shown this notification.
'''
We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

'''

So, kindly help me with this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Khurram, 

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information process. Although it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes. 

If it has been more than 48-hours and your account is still being reviewed, you can come back here or contact the Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further. 
How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

565 REPLIES 565

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for your message. You can refer to this help page to check the list of acceptable documents. You can also respond to the same email to communicate with our team directly regarding your concern. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
tjasab
Community Member

I have this on my profile and doesnt go away. 

Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

I didnt receive any email and I need help this to be resolved.

Thanks!

Tjasa Bercic

Hi Tjasa,

I've contacted the team handling the review to have a closer look at your account. One of the members will be in touch via email with more information and further assistance once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
10fb1b7b
Community Member

Hello there,

I know it might sound like a very silly problem, but I am not sure what to do at this point, so I thought I sould ask for your opinion.

A couple of days ago I got an invitation to submit proposal for a job, lets call the recuiter "x". I did as it sounded like a good opportunity. Just yesterday I got a follow-up message asking for some more aditional information. While replying to the messege, I failed to notice another person 'y' has joined the chat, and this is "y" who sent me the last messege. As I didn't notice the new person, I replied the messege by saying "Good day x", I didn't greet the new recruiter at all. I just noticed that, and I am not sure what to do now. Should I send another messege correcting the error? Or should I just apologise? Or should I act like nothing is amiss? 

Please help!

estefani2091
Community Member

I am not able to buy connects. I already Sent in my ID and it is still telling me we are verifiying your account and it will take 1 business days for US to get back to you. I can't wait I need a job. And I need to buy connects today. I have ponen with like 10 people since this morning and nobody has been able to help me. Please help! 

Hi Estefani,

I understand you're excited to start applying for jobs, that said, we do need to wait until the team reviews your documents. Let's consider that slow and steady wins the race! I would advise that you visit the Upwork Academy to learn how to submit great proposals, and much more. Your Connects are valuable and we encourage you to get the most out of them by taking time to learn first.

~Andrea
Upwork
87d22452
Community Member

Hi ,
So recently I added my friend's card in upwork as a payment method since I don't have a VISA or Mastercard enabled bank account to buy the 20$ premium. It told me to varify my ID first . When I went to varify my ID . The name mentioned in the varification tab did not match mine . but was of my friends because of the previously added payment method . I tried removing the payment method and trying again but it did not work . Please someone kindly guide

Hi Syed,

Please go ahead and submit your documents. The team will reach out to you directly if any further clarification is needed.

~Andrea
Upwork
f2f31907
Community Member

I put my brother's credit card on my profile, when I put the card, he tells me upwork that you will verify your ID first, for ID verification I gave him my ID card. They are verifying with my brother's name. But I have to do verification with my name. So, which is the above name, you can verify it only with this name. He is my brother. It is not able to change it, is there any solution?

Hi Muhammad,

Please go ahead and submit your documents. The team will reach out to you directly if any further clarification is needed.

~Andrea
Upwork
elingeniero17
Community Member

I am experiencing the same issues. My account is suspended because I need to provide extra information. I provided the information necessary for them to reactivate my account and still nothing. 

Hi Sergio,

I've contacted the team that's handling the review of your account. One of the members will be in touch via email with more information and further assistance once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Joanne
Upwork
5c606afe
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community!

I'm facing issue while buying connects from upwork. I recently added my brother's MasterCard Credit Card (as my own card is not functioning at the moment) to buy connects however Upwork put my account on "Temporarily hold" for reviewing. I may mention here that I have a verified upwork profile and have been using platform for last 7 weeks without any issues. 

Please help!

Hello Sumia,

The account hold you're referring to is due to adding your brother's Credit Card. To confirm that you're authorized to use it, you must complete the verification process by verifying his identity Please go to the email notification you received to start the process. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
38b916b9
Community Member

Hello!
I created a client account and have added several verified payment methods. But my account is still on hold with the information, that i did receive a mail with the troubleshooting - but i didn't. What an I do?
Best regards

Hi Anas,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
902489bd
Community Member

I need help please, I have a month trying to make my first withdrawal to my local bank. But they always suspend my payment. They ask for any utility bill as an option to verify my address, and still, they don't approve my withdrawal. What else can I do?

my address cannot be verified.

I need help please, I have a month trying to make my first withdrawal to my local bank. But they always suspend my payment. They ask for any utility bill as an option to verify my address, and still, they don't approve my withdrawal. What else can I do?

Hi Elizabeth,

I am sorry to learn about the trouble faced by you while withdrawing your funds. I see that you're already communicating with our team of experts via a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
88c1afd9
Community Member

cant add billing method or hire freelancer because KYC

'when I want to add billing method or  wanted to submit  a job offer , it doesn't let me and it appears like this:

Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

And its and have already passed the 48 hours.

Please help me urgently so that I can offer a job and finish it on time

Hi Aya,

I've contacted the team that's handling the review of your account. One of the members will be in touch via email with more information and further assistance once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Joanne
Upwork
158e2be7
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

I put my relative card as a secondary billing method, and my account is on hold for ID verification. Do I need to show his ID for verification? because I've already got the ID verification badge.  Does anyone can response Asap please?

Regards,
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Please check out the help article for ID Verification. to learn more on the type of document you need to submit to complete this process. Our goal is to simply ensure the identity and information provided by a user is accurate, and that Upwork is being used in the way it is intended.

~ Joanne
Upwork
158e2be7
Community Member

Thanks

01ece4af
Community Member

We're unable to post your job because your company has been suspended. Contact Upwork Support for more information.

Hi Anurag,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that one of our team members has already reached out to you via a support ticket to notify you of the action taken on your account and the next steps to restore your account. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can also respond to the support ticket from the email notification sent to your registered email address on Upwork. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
14036ef5
Community Member

Recently, my freelancer account was verified. However, when I try to add a billing method, I end up getting the following message:

"Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support."

The 48 hours have passed, it's been almost 4 days with no further response.

Any help, please! Thank you in advance!

158e2be7
Community Member

I have mistakenly put my cousin's CC in the primary billing. Now, when I received the ID verification from Upwork, the system by default picked his name, though I've removed his card and put mine in, but the system is still not recognizing it, so my ID is not getting verified due to this as its mismatches with the info. I've already put my card in, but the error is still there, and I can't even remove the name.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via an email on your registered email address. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same email if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

No one has responded to me as of now. Should I delete this account and create a new one to resolve this issue? 

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for following up. I would like to let you know that all limitations on your account should now be removed. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
158e2be7
Community Member

Thanks Nikolas, I will check and if there's any issue I will get back. 

I do not see the verified batch on my profile. Is it still okay to place the bids?

Hi Pradeeph, 

It's been more than 24 to 48 hours. I didn't receive an email from Upwork. I can't move on since my ID is not verified. Kindly look into this matter and resolve the issue as soon as possible. 

Hi there, 

My ID has been in review for the past week, and in the attached SS, it says 1 business day. I don't know why it's taking so long. 

bf9679134c040041
Community Member

Hi Gyoungwoo,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and it looks like you are referring to the verification initiated on your Upwork account. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
8ba4872a
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

Am new here as a client to hire people for work and the first thing i was asked to do is verification and i did it. It got successful but still putting hold on the account. I don't have access to do anything nor post jobs on the accout. Please i need a solution to this as soon as possible.

Thanks! 

Check with your bank that the credit card is approved for Upwork transactions.

Hi Ayoola,

I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your account is restored now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths