🐈
» Forums » Support » Has anyone encountered this issue? Access den...
Page options
db801079
Community Member

Has anyone encountered this issue? Access denied

Hello,

Does anyone encounter this when you try to access Upwork? 

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 20.19.29.png

Thanks and regards,

Kieu.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your reports here in the Community. We can confirm that there was recently an issue preventing users from accessing Upwork that has since been resolved. If you're still experiencing this issue please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
12c7ed02
Community Member

I am facing same issue on my account. can anyone help?

6thofjan
Community Member

I am getting this error today. Can anyone help me from Upwork? Thanks

12c7ed02
Community Member

Hello dear,

I am also facing same error. Please help me.

ffae3e73
Community Member

why this is happening? anyone please help

Capture.JPG

Same for me. Upwork crashed. Probably it's everyone. Relax, get some coffee.

Thanks. 

kelly_e
Community Member

My favorite part of it, is that (at least for me) it's on the Upwork Status page too—so I can't get any info on whether they know about it or not.

*sigh*

I guess it was quickly resolved.

Raj.K.Ashok
ce5b88b3
Community Member

I am also getting this error today. Can anyone help us?

rafael-yamada
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue here.

It seems to be fine now here

266a89f8
Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem! I finished the first contract and had not yet managed to withdraw the money when I could not access the site due to error 1015.

bcb72d91
Community Member

have been blocked out for the same issue!  I uploaded a small video for one of my contractors to look at... could it be that.  Its a nightmaere, now I can't communicate with him.  URGENT

266a89f8
Community Member

Hello, I have a problem! I finished the first contract and had not yet managed to withdraw the money, when I could not access the site due to error 1015. It seems that I did not do anything that could cause me to be banned. I have a satisfied client, I don’t use VPN. But I can’t log in either from my computer or my phone. And most importantly, I can’t withdraw money

Seems to be an error on their side, been getting the same isuse for the past hour or so...
You need to either login on another browser or delete cache/cookies to be able to get back in.

I have the same error right now, even though i cleared all the cookies on the browser it still didn't solve the problem.

Same issue with me. I just created the account yesterday. Didnt received any emails for being banned. Cleared cookies and caches still give me this ERROR 1015. And the status page of the website says it's up and all is working well.  

magnusop
Community Member

I have been getting Error 1015 and being temporarily suspended when trying to log hours in the contracts page.
Fortunately, by deleting cookies and cache or using another browser, I can get back into my account to message clients, but I need this solved ASAP as I need to log hours before the week has ended. Also, the mobile app seems to work fine.
Is there anything I can do about this situation to fix the browser issue? This is going to be a major headache to work with on Upwork if it keeps happening.

Hello, I am new to this platform. I am also experiencing Error 1015. Yes, by deleting cookies and cache I am able to return to the site.
Would appreciate if Upwork is able to solve this soonest. Thanks

alexandern88
Community Member

I tried to log in to my client account and got this message. I cleared the cache and was able to login again, but just for 15 seconds. 

houceyn-lakhal
Community Member

I am getting the same error, need quick help as I have urgent work with my clients.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Houceyn Lakhal

Hi, please try to clear all Localstorage, cookies storage and some caches. Hope it'll work!

e97310df
Community Member

Hey! Got the same error, and tried both Chrome and Opera along with the clearing cache & cookies 

220c68d6
Community Member

Hello, Everytime I try log into my account it says acces denied, and I've been banned!! Why? I have got possible jobs pending.what can I do? I need to know why?? Pls help asap Screenshot (64).png

5124476c
Community Member

Hello Joanne Marie!

I'm experiencing the same thing and today I have to deliver a job 😞  what should I do?

Thank you

5124476c_0-1697722173946.png

nmendoz03
Community Member

Hi!

I was editing my Upwork profile and my project catalogs all morning. When I tried to submit a proposal for a job I got this message:

"You are being rated Limited, the owner of this site (Upwork) has banned you".

Please could someone help me? I haven't compromised any of the guidelines. 

I was talking with some other clients in order to create a new contract, so I need to be able to use the platform for reviewing and submitting proposals. 

Thank you

Hi, I am facing the same issue. 

upwork blocked.png

Mine got solved automatically after 10 minutes.

houceyn-lakhal
Community Member

same issue here, I have urgent work with my clients and need quick help!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Houceyn Lakhal

220c68d6
Community Member

why have I been banned?? pls can someone help me? I have no idea why ive been banned? and i have jobs pending!Screenshot (64).png

You have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Just kidding, I get the same error it's strange.

I have the same problem right now!

2667b4bb
Community Member

I cannot access Upwork and I have a pressing project on the platform that I have paid a freelancer over $7000 so far to complete, every time I try to access the site I get the following message: 

Error 1015

Ray ID: 81894c8e3f43385e • 2023-10-19 13:17:03 UTC

You are being rate limited

The owner of this website (www.upwork.com) has banned you temporarily from accessing this website.

Please can someone help? 

same 

Same happened to me, I wrote Support, they said it was an issue with Upwork and that now is up and running 🤘

Yes, the platform looks to be back now, I was blocked from it for seveal hours with that message popping up repeatedly, hopefully it doesnt reoccur. 

521e4b62
Community Member

Hi! I am facing the "Waiting for connection" problem. I cleared cache and cookies, changed browser, went to incognito - no help. My internet connection is fine (I'm writing to you here, right?).

How to solve this problem?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Katya,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
AndreaG

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your reports here in the Community. We can confirm that there was recently an issue preventing users from accessing Upwork that has since been resolved. If you're still experiencing this issue please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths