🐈
» Forums » Support » Identify Verification
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,856 REPLIES 1,856

Hi Lê,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. You can try uploading your document again from the Settings page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear Upwork Team

I am writing to address an issue I've encountered regarding the identity verification process. As a newcomer to Upwork, I recently received a request to verify my identity.

Despite multiple attempts, I have not been successful in getting my ID card and portrait photos accepted. I have diligently submitted the required documents several times, yet they have not met the verification criteria.

I am reaching out to seek your assistance in resolving this matter promptly. Your help in this regard would be greatly appreciated, as it is crucial for me to proceed with utilizing Upwork's platform for freelancing opportunities.

Thank you for taking the time to review this email. I look forward to your prompt response and resolution of this issue.

Best regards,

Lê Chí Hào

d9873c3d
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team, I am writing to request assistance with an ongoing issue regarding my ID verification status. I have completed the verification process multiple times, but my profile still indicates that verification is required. As a result, some of my services are on hold.

This issue is significantly hindering my ability to apply for jobs on the platform. Potential clients may be hesitant to trust me due to the unverified ID status.

I have attempted to resolve this matter through the AI chat support, but unfortunately, it has not provided a solution or offered forwarding to a human representative. Additionally, I have not received any updates regarding my ID verification via email as well.

I would be grateful if you could investigate this issue and expedite the resolution. Please let me know if there are any further steps I need to take on my end. I am available to provide any additional information needed.

Thanks

Hi Azam,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d9873c3d
Community Member

Hi LuiggiR, thank you for taking the matter into account. Yes my ID has
been verified and it is visible on my profile as well but the notification
for ID verification and ''some services on hold'' is still there. Can you
help me with this?
Really appreciate your help 🙂
29345b3d
Community Member

I keep getting ID verification popup (i completed 2 days ago)

and now it's blocking me from submitting proposals.

Did i waste all my connect credits?

Are clients even able to accept me if I show as ID not verified?

Hi Jason,

We checked with our verification team and confirmed that the badge was already added to your profile. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
d753d02d
Community Member

I've been waiting for my identity verification to go through for three days now. It's frustrating because the process isn't very transparent. I have no idea where I am in the process or how much longer it will take. The available documentation isn't very helpful either. Can anyone please assist me with this? Thanks.

aa6d6479
Community Member

How can I get my Upwork account verified? I haven't gotten any emails about ID verification 

Hi Jhon Best,

I've checked and it doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

Thank you for reaching out and have an amazing weekend!

~ Arjay
Upwork
huynhvuh
Community Member

Hello Community,

I received a request to update my profile picture for ID verification. I've made the necessary changes, but I haven't received any notification or email confirming the change or informing me about the review process duration. Should I simply wait for approval and contact support if needed?

Thank you 🙂

Hello Vu-Hoi,

Upwork request to change the profile pictures if that doesn't meet our profile picture criteria. See the link below for guidance:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063208-Sample-Profiles-and-Best-Practices#Select-a-p...

If you have updated your profile picture, then wait for a while and after review the notification of profile picture error will disappear. You might not get any email confirmation for that.
Hope you get your answer, if you still have any question then ask me without any hesitation.

Thanks.

Hi Vu-Hoi,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
087a29f2
Community Member

It's been 5 business days since I sent the identity verification request, but the yellow checkmark still says 'We'll check that the country where your ID is from matches the country in your profile".

When should we expect this to be resolved? Thank you."

Hi Ali,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b4190b78
Community Member

Hello. Need urgent help here. Upwork says they started manual verification(for identity badge), and asks me to "appear on camera for automatic selfie or video chat", but there's no "continue" or "start video" option I can see on my screen so that I can proceed to verify and take a picture, same issue goes with both on my latest samsung phone and on my laptop with camera. Please help me out on this. Upwork's chat option is the AI giving me unhelpful answers. I've attached a screenshot below for reference, please have a look.

Hi Sumaiyah,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the verification process. We've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f573d14e
Community Member

I have been trying to verify my document but it just gets stuck on "We Can't find the 4 corners of your document"

Hi John,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further with completing your ID verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b781e04c
Community Member

Hello All

I have submitted docs for identity verification process. But i am not getting any feedback though more than 2 days have passed.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Kabir

I find myself in a similar situation, patiently awaiting completion of the identity verification process for the past three days. Regrettably, the lack of transparency within this procedure leaves users like myself in the dark regarding the current stage of verification and the anticipated duration. The available documentation, unfortunately, falls short in providing meaningful guidance through this process

Right

Hello. Need help here. Upwork says they started manual verification(for identity badge), and asks me to "appear on camera for automatic selfie or video chat", but there's no "continue" or "start video" option I can see on my screen so that I can proceed to verify, same issue goes with both on my latest samsung phone and on my laptop with camera. Please help me out on this. Upwork's chat option is the AI giving me unhelpful answers. I've attached a screenshot below for reference, please have a look.

Just hold your camera and wait for auto selfie. If this doesnt work, then upwork gives the option to take your own selfie and then takes to the next step.

Thanks for your reply. That's what upwork is not showing, i cannot see the option to "open" my camera on my laptop, or to click "continue" button so I can take my selfie. 

Please tell if it can be done like this but on my phone instead of laptop: 

I click edit button on my profile picture, and click "change image", a popup comes and shows me "camera, browse..." and I see my images in it too, so should I click on "camera" and then it'll proceed and i can take my picture? Thanks a lot again.

I did this through mobile. Not laptop. Through mobile, when asked for selfie, you just hold the camera and place your face middle in the circle shows in your mobile. Then just wait. They will automatically take the picture.

1ec3ccb3
Community Member

I've submitted my ID few days ago and still get no response from upwork team. It says that manually review process has begun. Could you please help me to finish my ID verification process ? I have an offer on the table and can't accept it for this issue. 

Same here. Where did you see that manual review process has begun?

Hi MD Taukeer,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ad936734
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**Hello, I need assistance with my identification verification process. I have submitted my driver's license but was denied. 

Hi Inga,

I checked your account and I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
47c5f291
Community Member

Hello my name is SHABEENA.I am new in uowork, I don't know how I verify my upwork account and my identity because identity option is not shown.please help me show the identification option 

Hi Shabeena,

Thank you for your message. You can proceed with the ID verification from the Settings page. Just follow the on-page instructions to upload your documents. Our team will review and update your account within 1-3 business days.

- Pradeep

Upwork
a4121809
Community Member

Support (the chatbot) assures me that I can indeed verify my identity without a smartphone. However, whenever I attempt to do so, it gives me no option to verify on the computer.

When I attempt to get more help from Support (the chatbot) it says that my account is suspended. I see no indication of this, other than the fact that my account is asking me to verify my identity. Since Support (the chatbot) thinks my account is suspended, it does not allow me to submit a ticket or contact a real person.

If my account really is suspended (beyond needing to verify my identity), I have no indication or idea of what it could be suspend for, so I am apprehensive about submitting an appeal to something I cannot even tell exists.

I need support that is not in the form of the chatbot. I do not know the correct place to seek help, but Support (the chatbot) gave no indication of how to contact someone. Please if someone could direct me to Support (a real person) that would be great, thank you.

Hi Curtis,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the verification process. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, I am unable to add the Govt ID through my mobile I've tried scanning the bar code and also tried using the sms service it redirect me the same the same page repeatedly. Kindly some one help me with this issue.

Hi Mohammad,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d5bedf27
Community Member

Hello! I don't know what happened but I can't or unable to apply for jobs? The Apply Now button was working fine but not anymore. I still have 70+ connects.

Hi Kyle,

I can see that you are currently required to verify your identity, and your submitted documents are under manual review, which is why you can't apply for jobs. Please allow 1-3 days for the review to be completed; the relevant team will contact you once they have an update. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d5bedf27
Community Member

Hello LuigiR,

With regards to this statement "This feature is not available because your client is suspended.", what does this mean?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths