🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork ID verification
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,247 REPLIES 2,247

Hi Ashoke,

I see that your submission is currently under manual review by the relevant team. Please allow 1-3 for the review to be completed; you can rest assured they will let you know if you need to do anything else.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

As the upwork account has only part of my name, it is not possible to enter the bank account, so can I use my full name in the upwork account?

Screenshot 2024-05-11 120755.png

09c7067f
Community Member

Hello 

I am having issues with verifing my account with my NIN

Please I need help to do that

Hi Praise,

I see that you've already completed the verification process for your account; you aren't currently required to complete any additional verification. Are you referring to an account different from the one you're posting from? 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
56abcf9c
Community Member

Hello. I am stuck with identity verification. I am an Italian citizen with an Italian passport but I am a resident of Bulgaria. 

When I add my Italian passport, the system will ask me to change my contact info to Italy but then it gets stuck at wanting a selfie. Also, I am not a resident of Italy so I should not be using inaccurate information.

Instead, when I add my Bulgarian driving license, the system gets stuck in the whole process even though my contact info matches. 

Is it possible to use my correct Bulgarian residence but with an Italian passport? Can I send supporting documents via email as the system does not seem to work well?

Right now it is threatening me to suspend my account after 7 days if I don't fix this but I have no way to fix it on the system. Check the screenshot below, where you can see that no action is allowed.

Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 12.03.40.png

Hi Diego,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble verifying your location. You should have the option to verify your location using the relevant documents. You can refer to this help page for the list of acceptable documents to verify your location. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Pradeep, I pasted a screenshot to show that there is no action that is available for me to take. Would you please help me submit a support ticket? I paid for a plus subscription and right now I am unable to submit for any job, so I am wasting money, time, and effort while risking to be suspended in a week for an issue that is outside of my control. Actual support to get this unblocked would be highly appreciated.

Diego, I'm very sorry for any frustration caused during the verification process. We've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 16.21.24.png

3909a1e8
Community Member

hellomizanur
Community Member

I just completed my first project on Upwork. Then upwork asked me to verify my ID. After failing the automatic process they started the manual process. They sent an email to verify my ID and then when I click the links from the email I see this notification on my profile. 

"You are unable to complete ID verification due to a suspension on your account. Check your email to review the status of your suspension. After resolving your suspension, return here to verify your identity."

However, there is no email, to check the review status of my suspension. 

When I try to visit the support center it is also restricted from my account so I can't create any ticket now. I don't know how to contact them and verify my Identity now. I created around 12 projects and got started with clients from Upwork. but now I don't get any clue why then restricted or suspended my account without any valid reason. 

Hi Miznaur,

There was an issue earlier today where users could not access our Help Center. I'm happy to inform you that this has already been resolved. I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1ef5eb34
Community Member

Hi admins,

Please help me on my account i can't click apply button, where i have remaining 93 available connects.

Thank you,

Regards,

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. This is happening because you are required to verify your identity. I can see that you attempted to verify your account, but your submission failed because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. You can try uploading your document again from the Settings page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3015c769
Community Member

Hello!

I submitted the required photos of my residense permit more than a day ago (again), but I'm still not verified.

Can you at least check if you received my data? What is the problem with my verification?

Hi Alexey,

I've contacted the team handling the review of your payment method to have your case reviewed. One of the team members has emailed you, providing more information about the status and instructions for resolving the ID verification issue.

Please don't hesitate to communicate with the team if you have questions or need further assistance; they'll gladly help.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bb5a394c
Community Member

My ID verification is rejected. I have provided the Right details to Upwork 

Can you plz let me know how I can verify my identity

Hi Ishtiaq,

We checked your account and can confirm that the verification has been completed; the ID-verified badge has already been added. You may log into your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6ca6dfb0
Community Member

Hi Joanne
Recently, I got the "Identity Verification" notification.I've been trying to complete the verification. But when I clicked to "start now" button Upwork showed this page. When I try to scan the QR code from my mobile, it redirects me to the same page. In option 2 I didn't get any sms, but Upwork said "You have exceeded the max number of texts that we can send". and also i tried to use the qr code but it keep saying, Access Blocked: Upwork SSO's request does not comply with Googles Policies
What can I do right now?

d2aef7c0
Community Member

please, could you help me verify my identity? the account didn't display or navigate here is an attached screenshot

e77698b0
Community Member

I just submitted my freelancer account with Upwork and had to submit my ID however the last name is different from what I go by. I got married and haven't gotten a new ID yet in the mail however on my house deed it has my married name & my marriage certificate is also available. Can I show these to go by my married name?

Bump

Hi Rachel,

Sorry for not responding to you earlier. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
690f15bf
Community Member

Here is the so called AI issue. If i use my drivers licence i am not exactly looking like i was looking 172645 years ago. It is called AGING!

If i use my national ID that was issued 2 weeks ago, i get "verification" error.

So what exactly is needed? old or new?

Because noone ever tried a "video session" to confirm i am still me, and alive.

Hi Mugur,

The documents you submitted for verification were accepted, but your profile photo doesn't meet Upwork requirements. Your profile photo must meet the following criteria:

• It must look like you.
  • It must be a headshot-style photo.
  • Sunglasses, other individuals, logos, or pictures of anything other than your face are not allowed.

Please check this article for more information on updating your profile photo. Once you've updated it, the team will manually review your verification documents, and you will be notified if there's anything else you need to do.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a86762e7
Community Member

Hello, there.

I just created my personal account but there are some problems in ID verification.

I uploaded my ID card and pass selfie. But it's not working and it makes me annoying.

Please check my screenshots and help me with it.

If you are upwork team, let's discuss it with me soon.

Hi Juan,

I'm sorry for any frustration caused. Looking at the screenshot you shared, as well as your account status, your submission is being manually reviewed by the relevant team. Please allow 1-3 for their review to be completed; you will be notified if there's anything else you need to do.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
81e1a1ed
Community Member

I've verified my identity, but I'm having a hard time verifying my location and it's really disappointing considering I was pumped to get to work and get a chance to subscribe to freelancer plus 

Hi Ahmed,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

It's been approximately two weeks since I completed my account to 100%. I've tried everything: sending emails to **Edited for Community Guidelines** submitting multiple proposals, and messaging Upwork's auto-support, all hoping for a verification message. However, nothing has worked.

What should I do? What are your suggestions?

Hi Ali,

You don't need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

My projects also didn't get approved, so I thought there might be a problem with my profile. Anyway, thanks for looking into my issue! 🙏

Hi Ali,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Upon checking with the team I'm happy to confirm that your Project has been approved. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
de3727cb
Community Member

My Id got verified. I have received ID verification notification and email but I can't see my verification badge.

Have you tried refreshing your browser? If it doesn't still appear, just be patient, it will come on.

hope this helps.

Refresh and logged in again and again but still no badge☹️

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fatima, 

Looks like you already have the Identity Verification Badge on your profile. Kindly note that you may still be requested to verify your account in the future. You may read more about the different types of verification on Upwork here.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you I got my badge.😊

Despite successfully uploading my ID card and receiving confirmation that "Your identity was successfully verified," I have noticed that there is no blue verification tick displayed on my profile. Additionally, I am unable to locate the Identity Verification section within my settings.

Could you please investigate this matter and provide guidance on how to resolve it promptly?

77e0cb74_0-1715450831502.png

Hi Muhammad,

The verification process you've just completed did not include additional steps required to obtain the ID Verification Badge. Once you are required to complete that process, the team will notify you directly. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths