🐈
» Forums » Support » Screen contrast on the Find Work screen
Page options
intentout
Community Member

Screen contrast on the Find Work screen

As of today, 9 May 2024, the contrast of the Find Work screen has changed - see the Find Work screen shot attached.

And no, it is not my monitor that is playing up - see the screen shot of the Messages screen.

Why did it change? Can I have an option to view it in the original contrast? Please be aware that not everybody has 20/20 vision ... have pity on my eyes!

Michael

**Edited for community guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
jfandin
Community Member

I'm having a similar issue but with the font, and the background as well yeah (happens on multiple systems, browsers, and even on my phone, so it's not my browser or computer). The font has lost its smoothness, it's not bold anymore like here on the forums. The font used displayed here in the forums is perfect though. When browsing jobs it's messed up.

Please upwork, stop playing constantly with the looks of the site. Too many updates too often. If it ain't broken don't fix it! Or at least give us the option to keep things looking the way we want.

Hi Joao,

Thanks for reaching out and for bringing this to our attention. Have you tried clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser? Did it give you the same result? 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne

I doubt it is anything to do with cookies, cache or using a different browser. (I regularly clear cookies and cache anyway) and it only happens on a few of the Upwork screens.

The problem is not apparent on any other website (same browser, same number of cleared/uncleared cookies, etc) but is definately an issue on the find work screen. Here's a screen shot of the Messages screen.

Under the Find Work menu, Saved jobs and Proposals and Offers are affected, but Your Services is fine.

Deliver Work and sub-menus are fine.

Under Manage Finance,Financial Overview and Your Proposals are fine, but the rest if the sub-menus are an awful shade of grey.

Essentially, what this says is that it is not a setting that has changed on an individual system, or failing hardware, or the browser. It looks suspiciously like deliberate changes to selected screen contrasts - almost as if the text on that screen has been greyed out.

Michael

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you for the additional details, Michael. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths