🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » In Fixed cost project: Does retesting bug cha...
Page options
b2d9dc21
Community Member

In Fixed cost project: Does retesting bug chargeable additionally or it's included?

Hello Support Team,

I am new to upwork & I am working on a fixed cost project where I have to Test 4 User scenarios. Out of 4 scenarios, 1 scenario is failed and I need to retest it post it's fixed by developer (in 2-3 days). How does this works? Does this cost included in Fixed price or I charge extra fees for retetsting that bug fix with that 1 test scenario?

Thanks you for your help

Regards,

Disha

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
fcac4c1d
Community Member

Hi Disha.

The fixed price project price includes everything you've discussed with the client. Nothing more and nothing less.

The client can add more milestones to the project or even pay you a bonus when the contract is ended. But it all depends on the agreement between you and the client.

It'd be better to discuss re-testing before the contract started. If you didn't... well, you may ask the client about it. If they agree they could add this to the contract or pay you a bonus. But it's all about their will and your negotiations. But you should look if it worth it or not on your own. Depending on your communication and the amount of work the re-testing requires.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
fcac4c1d
Community Member

Hi Disha.

The fixed price project price includes everything you've discussed with the client. Nothing more and nothing less.

The client can add more milestones to the project or even pay you a bonus when the contract is ended. But it all depends on the agreement between you and the client.

It'd be better to discuss re-testing before the contract started. If you didn't... well, you may ask the client about it. If they agree they could add this to the contract or pay you a bonus. But it's all about their will and your negotiations. But you should look if it worth it or not on your own. Depending on your communication and the amount of work the re-testing requires.

Cheers!

b2d9dc21
Community Member

Hi Sergei B, 

Greetings!

Thanks you very much for your message. 

The initial agreement outlines the details of the Testing Task which I need to perform, with no mention of re-testing scenarios. Hence, for bonus, I will need to connect with client.

Going forward, I'll ensure to include milestones in any new contracts to be more precise for my work & post support. 

Thanks & regards,

Disha 

You're very welcome, Disha! Yeah, that's how you build up your working rules: by getting cases and foresee them next time. It's always usefull to highlight all the points you're aware of explicitely to the client before starting.

But there're usually some unpredicted stuff. Me personally don't hassle too much if the extra work takes less than 1 hour of my time. If it does I just clarify the circumstances to the client as much as possible and always highlight I'm opened to negotiations. Openness and honesty usually work. As well as putting the possible risks into the final cost.

Also even if the client refuses to pay the additional work. Don't take it as a loss. It's an investment and one more valuable piece of puzzle how to deal with this particular client.

Have my best wishes of luck!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths