🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,228 REPLIES 2,228

Chidinma, I see that you are in communication with the relevant team via a support ticket. Please allow them more time to review your concern; they will assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d8e19abc
Community Member

Hello Team,

I uploaded my residence card for verification and it seemed to be ongoing the verification process. However, all of sudden, the verification page has taken me back to square one without giving a reason of whether the documents were declined or what happened. Please help out.

Regards

Hi Jos,

I'm sorry to hear about your verification status. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the ID card was expired. Please retry with an unexpired ID document.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Dear Pradeep,

I first uploaded a visa which was determined to be expired, which I agree.
I then uploaded my residence card which is valid and not even near
expiration date and I did not even get a response. The process of
verification just restarted and I dont understand why. That was my issue.
Kindly address that for me.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Jos
d5fe0178
Community Member

Hello, I applied for verification but it isn't happening. Can you help me with it. Thanks

Hi Md Zahin,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and can confirm that your account is verified now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
7683ff0f
Community Member

Can a ticket be raise for this concern? because it's been a few weeks since I've completed my profile. I would like to seek further assistance. 

Hi Ryoneil,

Thank you for your message. Could you please share your concern here? That way, I can either help you out right here or create a support ticket for you.

- Pradeep

Upwork

It's been several weeks and the option for Verifiy Identity on my account is not showing, Please help

Please raise a ticket for my issue with verify identity, I also want to know what's causing the issue.

Thank you

Hi Ryoneil,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2f555b92
Community Member

Dear Upwork, I am having trouble uploading my documents for identity verification. I am waiting for guidance from the agent. Thank you.

Hi Chandana,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble faced by you while uploading the documents. Could you please tell us more about the issue or error you get while trying to upload the documents? 

- Pradeep

Upwork
ee8cc8c4
Community Member

I've been waiting for Upwork to get back to me on my verification. They told me my photo wasn't good enough, so I changed it. They said they'd manually review it and its been a couple days. It also took two days for the verify to go through the first time as well. 

Now I'm stuck in limbo hoping they ask me to verify again, or just get me on a video call to confirm its me. This last week has been frustrating. I got my first clients and was instantly put on hold as the identiy verification was suddenly a problem. 

Thank you in advance.

Hi Taren,

I checked your account and I see that the documents were uploaded yesterday. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
medusastonebooks
Community Member

I have attempted to Verify My Identity several times, however it says that I may have lost connection, I have used 2 different WiFi's and my phone's data, but still I get the same problem. I see that there has been another thread talking about this same issue, but non of the comments there help me, and I am unable to post my own comment. 

Please help me as I am looking forward to starting my new career, here on upwork 

It says that might be possible there is some temporary  issue to upwork site. Try some time later perhaps you did it.

Hi Lourdes,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the verification process. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
de9d420c
Community Member

I've tried to verify my upwork account associated with this mail severally so I can start applying for jobs, but I haven't gotten a response on whether the verification was successful or not. I don't know what's happening, it's almost a month I created the account maybe even more, please I'd love if this is looked into as it is becoming very frustrating.

Hi Abdullah,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5f070247
Community Member

Hi guys,

I'm trying to verify my identity but the platform is giving me issues as my nationality does not match my country of residence.

I have all required government documents from my country of residence, and submitted driver's license, passport, and bank statements all of which meet Upwork's criteria but the manual review keeps asking me to resubmit my documents. I've tried contacting support but the only option I was able to find was via the chat bot, which keeps sending me to the FAQ and articles. The button to request further assitance just links me to the support articles, no option to submit a ticket. 

I'd appreciate any assistance or pointers on how to contact upwork support. Thanks! 

Hi Maher,

I'm sorry you've been having trouble with the verification process. I see that your latest submission is currently being reviewed by the team. Please allow them 1-3 days to complete their review; they'll contact you directly if more information is needed. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
seemabhatia1
Community Member

I am trying to verify my identity on upwork. Every time it is giving me the same message 
"If we can't instantly verify you, we will start a ,manual review process"

My profile name is matching with payment method and Government ID, but still it is not approving my identity. WhatsApp Image 2024-05-04 at 6.46.37 PM.jpeg

Hi Seema,

I'm sorry about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, I noticed that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card, and ensure that your ID meets the criteria listed here. You can try uploading your document again from the Settings page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
57f7473a
Community Member

Is my profile being reviewed? No email and I cannot contact the team.

From the photo it is not understandable if the team is checking my profile

Hi Alessandro,

I've contacted the team handling the ID review, and they confirmed that yours has been verified. You can now see the ID verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
8d933cc4
Community Member

@I have provided my national id for id verification. But upwork could not verify this. They are recommending to provide passport or driving licence. But i don’t have them. I am ready for video call for verification. Now what can I do

Hi Najmal Hasan,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country. If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued photo ID, ensuring it's unexpired and valid.

Please submit an alternate Government-issued ID to trigger a manual review process. Then, you'll need to allow 1-3 days for the review to be completed. You can check out this article for more information on how the verification process works and which documents are accepted. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ab660a4f
Community Member

Hello, 

I am struggling to apply for jobs with Upwork as when asked to verify my phone number, I keep getting an error message. 

I have a client account that my phone number was attached to, however, I've since removed it and added my phone number to my freelancer account.

I know there have been multiple threads about this, and I've commented on a ton of them but have not yet received a response or support ticket from the moderators- 

It's extremely frustrating as I would love nothing more than to apply to these awesome job postings. 

Can someone PLEASE help me resolve this? I greatly appreciate any help! 

61c61b32
Community Member

Hey team,

I got stucked with ID verification and cannot apply for new job or get paid. I uploaded thre different type of id and either of them got rejected, I need your help to get verified. Last one stucked at manual review and I'm still waiting for that to be approved but I'm nor even sure if I can get it. What should I do to get that verification. Tried with 3 different government issued ID. 

Hi Mesut,

We checked your account and saw that our verification team has reviewed the documents you've submitted; however, they've been rejected. They've requested that you kindly submit an alternative document. Please check out this helpful article about acceptable government ID types for your reference. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1cb76cb7
Community Member

Hi man. Please help me. On my iPhone every time I try to go through the verification process I get stuck on a blank page after signing in please fix this.

arpitraj9
Community Member

Hello upwork community. 

i have tried verifying my details with DL . i am unable to do . 

i am getting the error . please help . it also says your account has been limited contact support.

3909a1e8
Community Member

I am having the same issue after trying for days.

3909a1e8_1-1715332215151.png

Hi Arpit and Joseph,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble verifying your account. I will be happy to assist you with this matter.

Arpit, I see that you have resubmitted the documents for review. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account. 

Joseph, your document was rejected due to an expired ID. Please resubmit valid ID documents for review. You can refer to this help page for the list of acceptable government IDs.

- Pradeep

Upwork
62673b6e
Community Member

I can't apply any job in my Freelancer profile.
How can i solve the problem? 

Thanks, 

Ashoke madugalla

Hi Ashoke,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and it appears that you will need to verify your account before you apply for new jobs on Upwork. You can start with the verification process from the Settings page. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
62673b6e
Community Member

I have started the verification process. Is this correct and how long will it take?

Screenshot 2024-05-10 161319.png

Hi Ashoke,

I see that your submission is currently under manual review by the relevant team. Please allow 1-3 for the review to be completed; you can rest assured they will let you know if you need to do anything else.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

As the upwork account has only part of my name, it is not possible to enter the bank account, so can I use my full name in the upwork account?

Screenshot 2024-05-11 120755.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths