🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Urgent- Client Asking for Refund after 2 mont...
Page options
xdzain461
Community Member

Urgent- Client Asking for Refund after 2 months of Services

Hey Upwork Community!

I got a client and we clearly discussed the terms, ($600 for first month of ads and $500/month for 2nd month and onwards), I and client agreed and we continued. She paid for Month 1 in Jan and Month 2 in Feb ($1100) in total. 

I did run ads and we actually get leads for her through Facebook ads, a lot of but those for not nurtured quickly and properly by client moreover we DID NOT discuss any performance based metrics, she is supposed to pay regardless of leads for the service i provided (Content Creation and Ads Management)

Now, out of a sudden, she is asking for refund for the milestone she already paid and approved on 1st Feb ($600). Now, I have a question:

1- Is it possible to ask for refund for milesstones approved 40 days ago?

2- In order to cancel her refund request, I would need to create a dispute?

Thanks,

Zain. M

4 REPLIES 4
bobafett999
Community Member

Deny the refund request

d00c8a3b
Community Member

Hi Zain,

In response to your questions:

1. It's generally not common or advisable to request a refund for a milestone approved 40 days ago. Once a milestone has been approved and payment has been released, it's considered a completed transaction unless there are extenuating circumstances.

2. If your client has requested a refund for the milestone, you have the option to dispute the request if you believe it's unwarranted. However, before escalating the situation, it's best to communicate directly with your client to understand their concerns and attempt to resolve the issue amicably. If necessary, you can refer back to your original agreement and clarify any misunderstandings about the payment terms and service provided.

Ultimately, the decision to dispute the refund request or negotiate a resolution with your client depends on the specific circumstances of your situation and your relationship with the client. Communication and transparency are key in resolving disputes effectively.

Best regards,

Saba

Chat GPT is wrong.

1. This has nothing to do with the freelancer's question.

2. And neither does this.

the-right-writer
Community Member

1. Yes, a client can ask.

2. As Prashant said, you can deny the request.

For more information, you can read this post.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members