🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment processed without schedules
Page options
f67ad56c
Community Member

Payment processed without schedules

I just got an email (9:01 AM) this morning that my Upwork account processed the payment.

The thing is I never requested to transfer the payment though the bank and the card (ending 4 digit) seems still my information so I am confused if this is hacked or not - and Upwork contact/chat is not really available with any human to help me.

When I check my payment setting, it is supposed to pay automatically every quarter but if the balance is over $1000. But my balance was $6XX.

My biggest concern is the case of security issue, but it might be possible Upwork payment didn't work properly and they processed my payment without amount filtering. I may know in 5 days but would it really be possible?

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi

I checked your account, and it looks like you have set your schedule to automatically transfer every quarter on this date: 'Quarterly (next on Jun 24)'. Was it set to only automatically transfer when it is over $1000 before this transaction?

~ Joanne
Upwork
f67ad56c
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, you are correct. But the amount wasn't "over" $1000, so I am wondering why it made auto transaction. It turned out actually I get paid well, at least it seemed not my security issue. Could you please check what was wrong? 

Thank you for following up, Youngjae.

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members