🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I'm not sure, but i think the time tracker wa...
Page options
5b6ab378
Community Member

I'm not sure, but i think the time tracker was incorrect

I supposed to work 8hours per day.
It's my 2nd day as of writing this.
You can see the screenshot of my timetracker.
It's should be 16:00 of 40hrs already since I'm working for more than 9 hours as you can see.
But still says 15:10 of 40 hours.

Last week, I work more than 10 hours just to complete the 8 hours shift.

Is therean explaination about this>

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Ryan,

I appreciate you reaching out to us. I know you are confused about the time shown on the Desktop App. Let me explain this to you.

The Desktop App shows three different times: Current Session, Today, and This Week. When you log your time, the app randomly takes six screenshots per hour — one every 10 minutes. Your billed time for today and for the week is shown under the Today and This Week sections. The time when you are not working but the tracker is on will not be counted in these sections and therefore, will not be billed to the client. The Current Session is like a timer and will show your total time for the current session including the idle time. You can refer to this help page for more information.

- Pradeep

Upwork
5b6ab378
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for replying.
When you say idle time, you mean the time tracking is on but no activity on the clicks, is that correct?
What if I'm watching a video from the client while taking notes? Will that counted as idle time?

5b6ab378
Community Member

And also, while exporting a big file, technically I can't do anything on that point since opening another app will either slow down or stop the exporting. Is that consider idle time?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members