🐈
» Forums » Clients » Why must I keep billing method on file?
Page options
07a44e20
Community Member

Why must I keep billing method on file?

Why must I provide/keep a billing method on file just to message a freelancer I dont even know if I want to hire. I dont even keep payment method on Amazon or any other major site. Dont know why this site requires people to keep billing info when I may never use this site again in the future? But my billing info stays here regardless?

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Paul,

An active and verified primary billing method is required to uphold our payment protection to our freelancers. Having a verified billing method also promotes trust and builds confidence for freelancers to engage in the project as they apply to your job post. If you need to remove or change your billing method, you can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
35eca68e
Community Member

Hi bianca,
I'm also facing some problems with upwork payment. I've withdrawal my payment on 7th April 2024, using Local Bank Payment method, and today is 18th April 2024, till now I have not received my payment in my bank account. It's been more than 8 days. I want to trace my payment but I'm not able to do it right now. Please help me in this, it was my first payment and I got stuck in this problem. 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Curious - why would you care?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths