🐈
» Forums » Clients » Live Chat Support
Page options
dynamicproducer
Community Member

Live Chat Support

How can I find out if and when I can access live chat support.  I've been using Upwork since 2018.  I see references to widgets but there is none, any longer.

21 REPLIES 21
rekasesh
Community Member

Live chat is long gone. It's replaced by an bot chat.  You'll find it in the menu list on the support page.

Hi, please help me. I have not gotten any invitations for a few days, although I have a huge amount of connections and am boosting my profile properly, but I am not getting any results, can you please solve this?

LuiggiR

Hi Felisha,

The "Get Support" option should be visible at the bottom of this or the Help Center page. However, feel free to post your concern here; we'll be happy to escalate it to the support team if needed. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fc7232fd
Community Member

Hello upwork customer support,

Upwork blocked my account without sending email about what happened.

I was unable to login the account to appeal.

That is why i created this account so i can be able to reach upwork.

This is the email address of the account**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I am following up regarding the blocking of my Upwork account, which occurred several days ago during the account verification process when I was attempting to change my profile picture. Despite previous correspondence on this matter, my account remains blocked, and I have not received a resolution.

As I had mentioned before, I had successfully uploaded all the necessary documentation required for verification, including my national ID card. The only remaining step was to update my profile picture, but unfortunately, my account was blocked before I could complete this final part of the process.

This account blockage is causing significant disruptions, preventing me from accessing my clients and projects on the Upwork platform. As a freelancer, Upwork is a crucial platform for me to secure work opportunities and maintain a steady income stream.

I urgently request your prompt assistance in reinstating my account. Being unable to access my account not only impacts my ability to work with current clients but also hinders my ability to withdraw funds owed to me, leading to negative experiences on the platform.

I have been a compliant user of Upwork and have no intentions of violating any terms of service or engaging in any fraudulent activities. I am eager to resolve this issue and continue my freelancing activities on the platform without any further interruptions.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I appreciate your understanding and look forward to a timely resolution, allowing me to resume my work on Upwork seamlessly.

Best regards,
Onayemi

I've asked a moderator to help you.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to learn about this experience, and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We understand how important it is for you to resolve this issue and reinstate your account. 

Since you're using a newly created account upon reaching out here in the Community, please click on my name and send me a private message with more information about the account you're referring to. I'll gladly look into that and assist you accordingly. 

Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi can  you help me with filing a dispute for my recent client? I completed the Shopify site development and he only settled the 50% contract price through a milestone.  The remaining 50% was remain unsettled. What are  the   procedure on getting paid by my  client? He's  been  unresponsive  after paying the 50% contracted price.

Hi Joan,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with this client. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
aitringo
Community Member

You should somehow tell the bot that he is unuseful, and then you'll get the choice to submit a ticket.

That's the only way for the moment, as I know...

That doesn't work. You get the same predicted list. There is no way to talk to a rep, agent, person, staff, employee, human, human being, Upwork staff - I have tried all of these. Then the chatbot repeats itself.

Aye, happened once or twice. I guess it's the structure of the sentence that makes the bot redirect to humans. If I write simple sentences, it tries to find solution. Wrong one, and off topic, but it tries. When I instead write full sentence describing my problem, it almost instantly offers contacting support and asks me if I want chat or creating ticket. Telling the bot "you are useless, give me human" works wonders sometimes 🤣

crart
Community Member

Couple of days ago I was actually chatting, live, with REAL PERSON O_o With HUMAN! No idea how it happened, what caused this, I started as usual with useless bot and I forced it to admit it was useless so it asked me if I prefer chat or creating ticket, I clicked chat and got the real human. Oh boy, was this day a happy day 😁 Even if it was a glitch in the matrix, it was still good.

You must be special. I went over three weeks, and then my client left after they decided to start closing jobs, to make the client open a new contract.

You must be special 🙂

I'm in the chat with real person right now and I think bot would be better 😂 Like, why do they try to create problems out of thin air instead of assisting in the issue I am trying to resolve? Asking irrelevant questions, pasting irrelevant answers... I'm not special. **Edited for Community Guidelines**🤣

5aec882e
Community Member

I have encountered an issue while attempting to purchase connects on Upwork, and I would appreciate your assistance in resolving it.

Despite several attempts, I have been unable to find an option to purchase Connects using anything other than PayPal or a Visa card. However, I solely use Payoneer for transactions on Upwork. Unfortunately, Payoneer does not appear as an option when I try to buy connects.

I was wondering if there is a workaround for this issue. Can I link another friend's UK-based PayPal account to purchase connects? Or is there any other method you can suggest?

Hello Saba,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that could've caused you. You can't see the option because you can only use a Credit or Debit card, Paypal, or your Upwork balance to buy Connects. I'm afraid Payoneer is not a billing method you can use. Feel free to check this article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b11e6e99
Community Member

Good afternoon I would like to disconnect from the company I am with. The situation is this: I was hired by the company and added to their team for upwork, but soon its owners stopped communicating and now I can’t disconnect from them and, accordingly, I can’t take orders for upwork. Please help me disconnect from this company (of course I don’t have rights as an administrator or owner for the company account)

8aaa88ff
Community Member

I need support from upwork

Hi Sun, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths