🐈
» Forums » Clients » Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method ...
Page options
7ad6530f
Community Member

Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still

Hello, Everyone.

"Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still need help, contact customer support."

In the last month, I had this problem, so could not hired a developer.
So, I contacted upwork support team, then it was resolved.
But now, I have the same problem again.
Of course, I have used the same master card and it is my persoal card.
All card information is matched with upwork account.

I certainly want your help.

Best Regards, Dawar Ali

2 REPLIES 2
578814d6
Community Member

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your billing method on Upwork. It can be frustrating when payment problems prevent you from hiring freelancers and getting work done. Here are a few steps you can take to try and resolve this issue:

1. Double-Check Card Details: Verify that all the details entered for your Mastercard on Upwork are correct, including the card number, expiration date, CVV, and billing address. Even a small typo or discrepancy can cause payment issues.

2. Contact Your Bank: Sometimes, payment failures can occur due to security measures put in place by your bank. Contact your bank to ensure there are no restrictions or holds on your card that may be preventing the transaction from going through.

3. Try a Different Payment Method: If you have access to another payment method, such as a different credit card or PayPal, try adding it to your Upwork account and see if you're able to make a payment successfully using that method.

4. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies: Occasionally, payment issues can be caused by browser-related issues. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if that resolves the problem.

5. Reach Out to Upwork Support: If you've tried the above steps and are still experiencing issues, don't hesitate to reach out to Upwork's customer support team for assistance. They'll be able to investigate the issue further and provide you with personalized support to resolve the problem.

6. Check for Account Alerts or Notifications: Sometimes, Upwork may place holds on accounts or billing methods for various reasons, such as suspected fraudulent activity or account verification requirements. Check your Upwork account for any alerts or notifications that may provide further insight into the issue.

I hope one of these solutions helps you resolve the payment problem and allows you to hire a developer for your project. If you continue to experience issues, contacting Upwork support directly is your best course of action, as they'll be able to provide you with specific assistance tailored to your account and situation.

Best of luck, and I hope you're able to get this sorted out soon!

JoanneP

Hi Dawar,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths