443157ee
Community Member

File a complaint

Hi, 

How do i file a complaint against a freelancer

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

The standard way to register your thoughts and feelings about a freelancer is to leave accurate, appropriate feedback about the freelancer when you close a contract.

If the freelancer has done something reportable, then you may click on the "Flag as inappropriate" link option found on every freelancer's profile page, in the top right corner.

You may need to click on the Three Dots icon to see this option.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member

The standard way to register your thoughts and feelings about a freelancer is to leave accurate, appropriate feedback about the freelancer when you close a contract.

If the freelancer has done something reportable, then you may click on the "Flag as inappropriate" link option found on every freelancer's profile page, in the top right corner.

You may need to click on the Three Dots icon to see this option.

Thanks for your reply!

This does not work. I have tried it.  There is no complaints procedures.

back12draft
Community Member

How do you leave a review/complaint if you got tricked into allowing the contractor to work off Upwork and then doesnt complete the job yet wants payment? 

re: "How do you leave a review/complaint if you got tricked into allowing the contractor to work off Upwork and then doesnt complete the job yet wants payment?"

If you did not create an actual Upwork contract, then you do not leave a review on Upwork.

My advice:

Instead of focusing on this freelancer - a person who disappointed you - put YOURSELF and YOUR PROJECT first.

You don't owe this freelancer anything. You don't owe him money. You don't owe him time. Forget him.

Hire freelancers on Upwork to complete your project, and move forward.

Horrible advice, "forget him" so someone else can get screwed by him ripping them off? I don't think so 

Hi David,

Please note that offering and accepting payments off Upwork is a violation of Upwork TOS. Upwork requires all payments to go through our platform and offers Upwork Payment Protection for both hourly and fixed-price contracts. You can refer to Section 7 of the User Agreement for detailed information.

We take every report of suspicious or inappropriate activity seriously. If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to report it.

~Andrea
Upwork

Well if they didn't do the job, don't pay.

206cda13
Community Member

It seems you cannot file a complaint, even if a client tries to delete your phone number from Amazon.

Hi Tina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share more information about the issue you experience so that we can assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths