🐈
» Forums » Clients » After freelancer declined offer, refund is no...
Page options
smilebeda
Community Member

After freelancer declined offer, refund is not transacted to my credit card

I have hired a freelancer. Funded the milestone. Then the freelancer declined the offer. This triggered a message from Upwork stating "freelancer decliend offer, funds will be refunded to payment method"

Indeed in the transaction history of Upwork Client account I can see refund processed.
However, my credit card never revceived any refund.

How long does it take, why is it not as fast as the payment itself is, and why does Upwork not refund this immediately or at least, let me re-use the fund elsewhere?
Its not that I have thousands of dollars to waste while waiting for refunds to be processed, and actually payments work instantaneus, so I am really not sure why it should take more than a few seconds for the refunds to be re-added to my (Revolut) card account with which I paid the initial milestone

Thanks for inputs.

16 REPLIES 16
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Beda,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I would like to confirm that by design in this case the funds are returned to your bank account and it can take up to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded into your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hmm OK Thank you Goran, I will keep this open until I receive the refund and will have to re-fund the card for other projects meanwhile...

This could be improved, I am sure of that.

Thanks anyway, 

Beda

Thank you for your feedback, Beda, I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same Problem facing here , i hire a freelance she decline the offer , My Money is not refunded in card 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rishb, 

It looks like the refund has already been processed. The credit can take up to five business days to appear. If it doesn't happen after five business days, please reach out to us here, and our team will assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
f59411b6
Community Member

Hi there.

I hope you're well. 

My freelancer declined the offer. I'm in urgent need to receive a refund to get the project going. How long will the refund take. My Bank has said they waiting for the funds to be received.

Best regards 

Hi Samu,

I'm sorry for the late response. I checked your account and can confirm that the refund was processed successfully on our end yesterday. It may take time for the refund to reflect on your account but if your bank still hasn't received it in 5 business days, please let us know so we can initiate a trace.

~ AJ
Upwork
4892f0a5
Community Member

Hey there 

i am also facing same problem i hired a freelancer and he declined the offer and i still didn't get the refund it was declined on 6th of March at today is 26th of March 

Hi Hina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork

Please refund me my money. My offer was declined by a client who initially stated he could do the job but then decided he couldn't after I sent the offer. I have followed the suggested directions for fixed price escrow refunds and the directions did not work. Why is this process this difficult??? On Fiverr your money is immediately available to use with another hire. This system is really awful. Please send me my money

Hi Latasha,

I'm sorry to learn about this disappointing experience. I've converted this post into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hey there i have been following up with my bank i was expecting a  refund  on 6th of march and today 12 april 2024 and still no refund have been done from your end. I have checked With my bank and done everything possible from my end but still no result.

Hi Hina,

Thanks for coming back here to give us an update. I checked your account and saw that our team contacted you via a support ticket to confirm the refund. You can access the ticket here. We've also submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hey there i have been following up with my bank i was expecting a  refund  on 6th of march and today 12 april 2024 and still no refund have been done from your end. I have checked With my bank and done everything possible from my end but still no result.I have already filed a complaint regarding this issue according to upwork i should've received and i contacted my bank too but according to them there is no refund until now 

Hi Hina,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9f395534
Community Member

Offer sent declined 🤔

Interesting...

Latest Articles
Learning Paths