🐈
» Forums » Clients » Request refund
Page options
carolinagirl08
Community Member

Request refund

My freelancer only did half (305, $9.27) the skip tracing work.  He said UpWork is holding his money and I should pay him for all to someone else.

He also said he only got half for 305 skip traced.  Yet both payments came out of my account. The dates are 2/25 and 2/28. His name is  **Edited for community guidelines**.  It was the skip tracing job.  

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Holesailor:

I do not necessarily understand your post.

Here are a few key points that you need to understand:

a) If a freelancer asks you to pay him through some method OUTSIDE of Upwork, then you can't do it.
It is a serious violation of Upwork ToS to do that.
All payments must go through Upwork.

b) If you have hired a freelancer and you don't love his work, then fire him.

c) It is not Upwork's intention to "referee" between you (a client) and a freelancer who you have hired.

d) If you have questions about how to use Upwork effectively as a client, then you should definitely plan to never ask Upwork Customer Support for help. They don't want to get in between you and a freelancer. YOU have the power to fire a freelancer at any time. You don't need anybody's permission to fire a freelancer.

e) If you have ANY questions, then you should come to this Community Forum and ask. Ask for advice. Ask for tips. Tell us what you are thinking about doing, but not sure, to check with us about what we think. We love to talk about this stuff.

re: "He also said he only got half for 305 skip traced. Yet both payments came out of my account"

He either doesn't understand how to read the freelancer-side reports that provide this information, or he does know and he is trying to trick you. It's probably just an honest mistake.

If you can see that you have paid him, just tell him to come to the Community Forum to ask questions about where to look up his payments.

Hello,
The said I overpaid him. How do I get a refund?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that your project was not completed. We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to look into this and assist you accordingly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
0b04e4ed
Community Member

Is required to pay here, then what am i supposed to do without paypal🥺

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths