🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » The city I live in is different than where I ...
Page options
14fff834
Community Member

The city I live in is different than where I work....

I've just created a profile as a freelancer and can see a problem as to how my potential clients can find me. I live in a small city next to a larger metro area. I'm a videographer and clients hire predominantly by location. Clients will not be searching for videographers in the small city I live in, but the larger metro area. It appears that I don't show up in searches for the larger city. How can I associate my account to the larger metro area?

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your message. If you want to attract more clients on Upwork, you need to make sure your profile is accurate and trustworthy. A good tip is to include the name of a big city name in your profile title and overview, especially if you live in a smaller town or a remote area. This way, you can appear in the search results of clients who are looking for freelancers in that city.

- Pradeep

Upwork
cfbb16f6
Community Member

I have a similar issue as Neil in living in a small town next to a metropolitan area. I would feel safer not having my small town listed. I don't mind Upwork admin having my location, but I am really uncomfortable with it being listed in my profile. My services are fully remote, so location is not even a factor. I'd rather have no location listed than have my town listed. Security should be considered. Thank you for your attention to this problem.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths