🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » First Job for Telegram
Page options
d83d5945
Community Member

First Job for Telegram

Hello. First Job, they contacted me through up work but they sent me the Job vía telegram. Is that okay? 
they sent me the work vía telegram, something simple. When i completed the work they told me that it was well done and i that i should provide the information for payment. Here the question... i am attaching everything they requested of me... cleary i did not send that information, only my email so that they could credit the payment to my pay pal account.  I attach the conversation.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Antonella,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please keep in mind that you shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of ServiceAlso, please note that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

Never get paid or pay someone outside of Upwork. You may open yourself up to scams or fraud, and lose Upwork Payment Protection.

I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, I would advise you to check this help article and available learning paths in the Academy section to help you get a safe and successful start. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Antonella,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please keep in mind that you shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of ServiceAlso, please note that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

Never get paid or pay someone outside of Upwork. You may open yourself up to scams or fraud, and lose Upwork Payment Protection.

I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, I would advise you to check this help article and available learning paths in the Academy section to help you get a safe and successful start. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths