🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Email already in use
Page options
flatleyhelen
Community Member

Email already in use

I've been trying to just contact customer support about this, but it seems impossible! When I try and file a ticket, I'm unable to actually send a message (see screenshot), and it only directs me to the community forum, which is immensely frustrating. Please could someone from support get in touch with me to try and resolve it (as I don't want to publish my email addresses here!), or alternatively, anyone else had a similar problem? Thanks!

Customer Support Message:

Hi! I recently created a new account with Upwork. I seem to have a conflict of accounts/email addresses with an older account that I set up ages ago.

I used to have an account on Elance (a long time ago, and believe that it migrated over to Upwork when the shift happened. However, I never really used it, and it appears to have lain dormant ever since.

So, yesterday I came back to the site as I'm setting myself up as a translator. I tried to log in with my original email address (let's call it email A). It said that the email wasn't recognised (so I couldn't log in). I then tried to set up an account with email A, which I was also unable to do, because it said it was already in use.

To avoid confusion, I set up a new account with my other personal email address (email B). I've set up the account successfully, filled out my profile and am bidding for work. However, now that I wish to link my Paypal account to my Upwork account, I have a problem, as my Paypal account is linked to email B!

I'm not sure what is going on with the older account, but it's definitely not accessible so I can't delete it, and I think the profile is empty anyway. Would you be able to work some magic to delete it/free up my email so that I can change the email on my new account to match my Paypal account?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Helen,

One of our team members will contact you directly via ticket and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
b2f23782
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Please help

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I had an old account that I opened forever ago but never did anything with but when I try to log in it says invalid email. Then when I try to sign up again it says email in use. I opened a new account under a different email since the other one isn't working. I just want to close that account, it is blank anyway. I've tried to contact support but no one has gotten back to me regarding this issue. Can someone please assist me in closing the old account? 

Hi Kristina,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions via the ticket as soon as possible. Don't hesitate to update this support ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f9c2b59d
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same problem, can you please help me?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths