🐈
» Forums » Profile Feedback » UX Designer profile review
Page options
79b828e5
Community Member

UX Designer profile review

Hi,

I'm Diogo from Portugal and I'm new in Upwork. I have 24 years old. I'm graduated in Information Technologies and I recently completed Google UX Design Professional Certificate on Coursera. I join Upwork to starting work as a freelancer and working in real projects. I already made 2 proposals to clients and I boost my profile, but I would like if someone can give me some feedback about my profile. Thank you! 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Hi Diogo,

I see good information in your profile. Your overview/summary has a lot of good details, but almost all of it focuses on you. Clients come to Upwork with specific needs and they look for freelancers who can meet those needs and get results.

Since your summary contains so much information about your background, experience, and skills, you can make your summary more client-focused by explaining the importance of your background, experience, and skills and why it should matter to clients. For example, when you say: "My expertise lies in creating user-centered designs that resonate with the global audience." -- how does this benefit clients? Clients need to understand how a user-centered design will help them. Yes--the design will resonate with a global audience, but why is a global audience important?

Also, instead of telling clients "What I Do Best:," tell them how you can help them. For example:

How I can help you:

◉ UX/UI Design: I can craft intuitive and engaging user experiences... (Now, tell them why it matters) ... that inspires users to engage with your content or make a purchase, sign up, or contact you through your interface.

◉ Design Thinking: I use a methodical approach to solving design challenges,... (Now, tell them why it matters) ...which ensures your UI meets user needs, is efficient to use, and achieves your intended goals.

◉ Communication: I articulate design concepts clearly and collaborate with you and cross-cultural teams... (Now, tell them why it matters)

I recommend using the same approach throughout your summary. Make sure clients understand the benefit of your services and how it helps them.

The other areas of your profile (portfolio, skills, certifications, employment history) look good.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

Hi Diogo,

I see good information in your profile. Your overview/summary has a lot of good details, but almost all of it focuses on you. Clients come to Upwork with specific needs and they look for freelancers who can meet those needs and get results.

Since your summary contains so much information about your background, experience, and skills, you can make your summary more client-focused by explaining the importance of your background, experience, and skills and why it should matter to clients. For example, when you say: "My expertise lies in creating user-centered designs that resonate with the global audience." -- how does this benefit clients? Clients need to understand how a user-centered design will help them. Yes--the design will resonate with a global audience, but why is a global audience important?

Also, instead of telling clients "What I Do Best:," tell them how you can help them. For example:

How I can help you:

◉ UX/UI Design: I can craft intuitive and engaging user experiences... (Now, tell them why it matters) ... that inspires users to engage with your content or make a purchase, sign up, or contact you through your interface.

◉ Design Thinking: I use a methodical approach to solving design challenges,... (Now, tell them why it matters) ...which ensures your UI meets user needs, is efficient to use, and achieves your intended goals.

◉ Communication: I articulate design concepts clearly and collaborate with you and cross-cultural teams... (Now, tell them why it matters)

I recommend using the same approach throughout your summary. Make sure clients understand the benefit of your services and how it helps them.

The other areas of your profile (portfolio, skills, certifications, employment history) look good.

Good luck!

79b828e5
Community Member

Thank you, Clark! 🙂

Latest Articles
Learning Paths