🐈
» Forums » Profile Feedback » Request for Profile Review and Feedback
Page options
08d8f7b0
Community Member

Request for Profile Review and Feedback

I hope you're doing well. I'm just starting out on my freelancing journey and I'm eager to learn and improve. I've put together a profile, but as a newcomer, I could really benefit from some guidance from experienced freelancers like yourself. Would you be willing to take a look at my profile and share any insights or suggestions you might have? I'm really keen on making a strong start in the freelancing world.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Kemmonye,

Welcome to Upwork.

The first thing to know about freelancing and Upwork is why clients are here. Clients come to Upwork with specific needs and they look for freelancers who can meet those needs and get results. Your profile must convince clients that your skills and expertise will bring value and get those results.

With that said, I think you will have a difficult time winning jobs as an email responder. Most email management are part of the broader requirements of a virtual assistant. My suggestion is to offer virtual assistance services to provide more benefits to clients.

Here are some ideas that might help enhance your profile:

1) If you stay with email responses only, your title should not be a sentence; it should be specific to a skill area. For example: Email Management or Email Responder

2) Remove this first few words of your overview/summary: "Hey there! I'm Khem." Clients can only see the first 200-250 characters of your summary, and you don't want to waste space on greetings and names.

Use the first part of your summary to explain your email management services. Then, you can explain background in hospitality. Clients need to see their goals (your services) within the first 200-250 characters (approximately two short sentences). Also, tell clients which email systems or software applications you're familiar with, and how you use them to get results.

3) Add a portfolio to show samples of previous work or to demonstrate your skills. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Once you update your summary and explain why clients should hire you, clients will have a better understanding of your services and how you can meet their needs or solve their problems.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
celgins
Community Member

Kemmonye,

Welcome to Upwork.

The first thing to know about freelancing and Upwork is why clients are here. Clients come to Upwork with specific needs and they look for freelancers who can meet those needs and get results. Your profile must convince clients that your skills and expertise will bring value and get those results.

With that said, I think you will have a difficult time winning jobs as an email responder. Most email management are part of the broader requirements of a virtual assistant. My suggestion is to offer virtual assistance services to provide more benefits to clients.

Here are some ideas that might help enhance your profile:

1) If you stay with email responses only, your title should not be a sentence; it should be specific to a skill area. For example: Email Management or Email Responder

2) Remove this first few words of your overview/summary: "Hey there! I'm Khem." Clients can only see the first 200-250 characters of your summary, and you don't want to waste space on greetings and names.

Use the first part of your summary to explain your email management services. Then, you can explain background in hospitality. Clients need to see their goals (your services) within the first 200-250 characters (approximately two short sentences). Also, tell clients which email systems or software applications you're familiar with, and how you use them to get results.

3) Add a portfolio to show samples of previous work or to demonstrate your skills. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Once you update your summary and explain why clients should hire you, clients will have a better understanding of your services and how you can meet their needs or solve their problems.

Good luck!

Dear Clark, Thank you so much for a wonderful explanation. My humble request is to review my profile and give me your valuable feedback also guide lines to stand from the crowd.
Hope to hear back from you.
Sincerely thanks

08d8f7b0
Community Member

Thank you so much Clark, you are the best!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths