🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » question about my account
Page options
katieugland
Community Member

question about my account

Hello,

I recently had a bad expereince with a client and I decided to send her an email giving her my feedback to let her know how unprofessional she was as a client. Although I kept my email professional, I do think my dissatification is very evident in the email. I am afraid she will report me to Upwork out of spite and I am afraid maybe my account will be suspended because of that (although I don't believe it would be fair). My question is, is this even possible? If so, will Upwork review the email chain if it is outside Upwork? 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
spectralua
Community Member

Upwork donr care about that, noone will investigate.

But never do such unprofessional things in future.

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

I would suggest that, In the future, you save your client feedback for the job posting.  Be brief and professional and don't write it in  the heat of the moment.

celgins
Community Member

Once your contract with a client is established through Upwork, you can communicate with the client offline. Outside emails are not monitored by Upwork; not unless a freelancer--for some inexplicable reason--gives Upwork access to their emails. Upwork does not supervise, direct, control, or monitor freelancers/clients when they communicate outside of the platform.

We all have different approaches to different situations. There is only a small chance I would have emailed an unprofessional client to express my dissatisfaction, but Upwork has no role or interest in this and there is no reason to suspend your account.

youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Kathryn - Sorry to hear about you bad experience.

Regarding your question about the possibilty that Upwork suspends your account, this will no happen; Of course as long as there is no violation to the ToS was committed. And by this I mean, things like (getting paid outside of the platform). Having a conflict with a client is not a reason at all to suspend your account. That being said, I would highly recommend that you don't take any action that will not result in any value. 

The below is just my humble suggestion/advice:
Let me explain; Unless you are clarifying some points that you want the client to keep in mind so that your business relationship is more fruitful, sending such email (just to express your feelings) won't likely make the client do anything positive, it might potenially cause conflicts that won't benifet any party.

As Mary suggested, If you'd like to leave feedback, save it for the the Contract review, at least this will help other freelancers to decide whether or not to work with this client.

Additionally, please don't take anything personal or get offended because at the end of the day, it is just business.

Wish you the best of luck 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members