🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Too many fake jobs recently
Page options
4e4b1613
Community Member

Too many fake jobs recently

Hello all, hope u're all doing well. I just wanted to ask something about the job posts I realized recently. I've been seeing too many jobs with the same logic recently. All seems fake and waste of time. They just send you a form and nothing happens again. All the clients have similar profile photos and probably they are generated by ai. Seems like a data gathering strategy but I'm not sure. What's your idea about this?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
2297e2bc
Community Member

I think the underlying truth is that there are just too many cooks in this kitchen! I have over 3800 compeditors on line daily doing what I do. Some flavor of Video.  

20-50 always bidding on every job.

Always 4 BOOSTING with 20-50 connects, plus the main connect at 8-18.

So they are PAYING 68 connects >$10 to BUY the work that they are only going to make ?$? on!

To me that is plain STUPID business practice!

I have recently been chartin my odds of getting work - I'm  down to <1% at a cost of over $100 (US) / mo.

If I add up my computiing/app/internet and cost of living, I need to get 80 hours of, or 48 $50 fixed jobs at my regular rate just to break EVEN!  In the past 3 months I have only seen 7, all <=$50

I am also waiting on PROJECTS to do their magic.............crickets!

As profitability wains, so does my desire to remain!

Just a cuationary tale - your results may vary.

Good Luck.

They won't to buy. Upwork welcomed bots with 50 free connects. Thats why you will never see 51 boost, only 50. Real peoples must boost 51+ for money to override bot's offers.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members