🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » To all freelance, I need help
Page options
4df47bf0
Community Member

To all freelance, I need help

so I have a contract that has been running, the client promised 8 jobs with a fixed payment per job. so I have done 2 jobs with 2 milistones, everything was smooth until he asked me to do the 3rd job but did not want to activate the milistone for this job. what should I do?

8 REPLIES 8
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Tell him that as soon as he activates the milestone, you'll get started, but that you'll be moving on with other projects until he does.

What's the issue with him not "wanting" to activate the milestone? If somebody doesn't "want" to pay me, then I don't "want" to work for them. It's as simple as that.

You're absolutely correct. It's essential to uphold the terms of the contract and ensure fair compensation for your work. By politely conveying that you'll begin the job once the milestone is activated, you're asserting your boundaries and reinforcing the importance of adhering to the agreed-upon payment structure. If the client is unwilling to activate the milestone, it may be a red flag for potential payment issues, and you're justified in prioritizing other projects that offer clearer terms.

Yes, I was aware of all these things without having to use Chat GPT. 

thank you for replying, but what if they giveme a bad rating for my previous work?

81a624e7
Community Member

If the client is asking you to proceed with the third job without activating a milestone, it's essential to communicate your concerns to them. Politely remind them of the terms of the contract and the agreed-upon payment structure. Request clarity on why they're deviating from the established process and express your need for assurance that you'll be compensated for your work. It's crucial to maintain open and transparent communication to ensure a fair resolution for both parties.

thank you for replying, but what if they give me a bad rating for the previous work?

wrote:

thank you for replying, but what if they give me a bad rating for the previous work?

What if you write it for free and they still give you a bad rating? What if they want you to do the remaining 6 jobs without funding new milestones? What if you finish those 6 jobs and they want another 8 jobs without funding new milestones? At what point will you stand up for yourself?

What exactly happened, anyway? You said, "hey client, please fund the milestone" and they said, "nah, we don't want to"? What's the reason behind this? Are they having budget problems, in which case, tell them they can pause the project and you'll return to it when they're ready? Are they concerned about the quality of your work and don't want to pay for anything else until they see it first? I suggest communicating with your client if you haven't already, find out what the problem is, and resolve it before continuing. If they actually send back a message saying that you must work without a milestone, or if they threaten to give you a bad review if you don't work for free, then you should report them by clicking on the three dots next to the message.

1f889f76
Community Member

Communicate with the client about the missing milestone for the third job. Clarify the importance of milestone payments for your work and seek resolution before proceeding further.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members