🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Stolen my Upwork Profile content
Page options
2ffb0ba7
Community Member

Stolen my Upwork Profile content

• Hey, 

I checked that someone stolen my Upwork profile description and now added the description to his own profile. It's against to Upwork policy. Please guide me, How I can report him?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's in the footer "Help and Support"
Direct Link: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Click on your avatar once you are in support page and click on support request.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
fccfebe2
Community Member

fccfebe2_0-1709767208899.png

Go to the freelancer profile, click the three dots and then "Flag as inappropriate" and pick your reasoning.

I did. But Upwork didn't take any action. 

I asked a moderator to respond to your situation.

As I told, Upwork moderators, and not for the first time. There is a simple, cheap decade+ old little program you can put on a screen to prevent people from copying. And it's not as if they have to go to every single page to establish.

If a moderator does not respond, click on the three dots in your post. A menu will open, and at the bottom is "notify moderator." Click on that, and another window opens where you can leave a message for a moderator.

Send the thief a networking request, and when they accept, message them yourself and tell them that they're guilty of plagiarism and you'll report them if they don't immediately change their profile. That'll be a lot faster than waiting for Upwork to do anything about it. (They'll probably invite the guy to write a blog post about how to create a good profile.)

saimaansari
Community Member

You may open the support ticket as well.

Can you please send the link? Where I can report?

It's in the footer "Help and Support"
Direct Link: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Click on your avatar once you are in support page and click on support request.

Check your PM

Just curious why you don't share in the forum, but go private? Often, your feedback is helpful to others, and if you read the forum, giving feedback is done openly.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members