🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Should i Go ahead and cancel?
Page options
d6e2318d
Community Member

Should i Go ahead and cancel?

So I applied for a job on March 14th, to reach out to landlords on Airbnb and Facebook, pitching to them bad review removal service for my client.

I got 2 warnings from Airbnb because apparently they decoded the coded messages I composed. Note that  an airbnb account cannot be opened twice so I decided to try Facebook.

I have been blocked from sending messages and when I found a group that had my target customers, they called me a scammer and several printable names and my post was taken down twice.

I have appealed to the client to please cancel the contract but he's ignoring me. I saw him post that same job today.

My point is this, should I cancel the contract?? would canceling a contract I didn't draw up affect me in anyway? if I decide to leave it active past the less than one month duration would it affect me?.. The 5$ he deposited is still in escrow. 

This is the first job I've gotten on upwork and it turned out very mentally draining. I just want it over with.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
elisa_b
Community Member

$5 for all that trouble? And to promote a fraudulent service?

You should report the client and close the contract.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
elisa_b
Community Member

$5 for all that trouble? And to promote a fraudulent service?

You should report the client and close the contract.

d6e2318d
Community Member

I know right?? He said 5$ for each sale made. I cannot risk my account. I accepted the job because I just wanted to build my profile as someone who has never gotten a job on Upwork. I didn't know it would turn out like this.

I would do what you've said, thank you, Elisa.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members