🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scamer copy & paste
Page options
a441854b
Community Member

Scamer copy & paste

Hi i worked copy & paste project.i spend 5 concet bids to get my project.My client acept my parposal and they give a project on telgram .i complete the project and submit to my cleiny company via email.After they aproved my project.They not pay me.when i ask for a payment they say i need to snd the payment to direct conect with there company.Then i get pay .its unfair

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

7 REPLIES 7
spectralua
Community Member

Unfair? You broke rules and was scammed. Take time to read ToS or you will be scammed again or banned.

elisa_b
Community Member

In addition to what Mykola wrote: 

1 ) "copy & paste" = SCAM. Come on, copying and pasting stuff cannot be a job.

2) Read this urgently: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

217f348a
Community Member

I see I'm not the only one. I'm new to Upwork, and looking for a chance for personal growth. They contacted me to do a translation, they sent me by telegram to work for 6 days on 60 pages, I sent the work and they asked me to pay 85 dollars so that they could enable the payment. They did not pay me. If you look for a job here it is to grow, I felt so angry, but partly as they say, you should not leave Upwork and stay on the platform. You can see there is everything. I hope it helps someone if, like me, they accept a job in good faith and see that name.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

elisa_b
Community Member

Two BIG red flags here:

1) Taking the conversation outside of Upwork (Telegram = scam);

2) The "client" contacted you for a translation job. You are not a translator. NEVER accept offers totally unrelated to your profile. 

217f348a
Community Member

In my profile I have translations as a skill because I do them. But definitely a beginner's mistake

elisa_b
Community Member

You do not have translation skills in your profile. Read carefully the link above, or you will be scammed again.

8d1359cb
Community Member

no its not unfair, you are just not ready to be a freelancer. and before you get mad at me let me tell you why. 
Your profile says "Am Expert writter" which you are clearly not. then in description its all about web development and you have skills of data entry + AutoCAD. it all sums up to that you have no idea why you are on this platform at all, or in other words you are just a sitting duck for scammers to target.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members