🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » SCAMMERS
Page options
f1e5b22f
Community Member

SCAMMERS

Hello. I want to address a serious issue. I bid on a promising project on Upwork, investing 15 connects. I received a response, and the client has sent a document asking me to send money first. I recognize this as a scam and also a violation of Upwork's terms of service, so I will not comply. However, what about the connects that I and other freelancers have invested in such projects? Please review the document the client has sent.

Job link: https://www.upwork.com/ab/proposals/1767798069144907777

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Jamila,

I'm sorry to learn about your experience, and thank you for being cautious. I can confirm that this job has already been removed from the platform for violating the Terms of Service

The Connects you used to apply have also been returned. You should be able to see this by visiting your Connects History page. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Jamila,

I'm sorry to learn about your experience, and thank you for being cautious. I can confirm that this job has already been removed from the platform for violating the Terms of Service

The Connects you used to apply have also been returned. You should be able to see this by visiting your Connects History page. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members