🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract Suspended
Page options
deb76c65
Community Member

Re: Contract Suspended

Contract Suspended
my contract with my client has been suspended even though I've already finished and Submitted entire the work. I completed and submitted two tasks. Payment for one task has been processed, but I haven't received any communication regarding the payment for the second task for the past two weeks. Finally, I noticed that the contract has been suspended. Could you please provide clarification on this matter?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Srinivas,

I checked and it looks like your contract was paused by the client. Clients can pause contracts any time they want to put work on hold. They may need to do this for many reasons. This pause prevents you from logging time on the contract until the client is ready to start again. In most cases, they’ll message you to explain why they paused the contract and when they plan to restart it. If you don’t hear from the client, you can contact them to ask why they paused the contract and when they plan to restart.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NikolaS

Hi Srinivas,

I checked and it looks like your contract was paused by the client. Clients can pause contracts any time they want to put work on hold. They may need to do this for many reasons. This pause prevents you from logging time on the contract until the client is ready to start again. In most cases, they’ll message you to explain why they paused the contract and when they plan to restart it. If you don’t hear from the client, you can contact them to ask why they paused the contract and when they plan to restart.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

NikolaS,

Are you saying a client can delay payment to a freelancer on submitted work by pausing a contract?

That doesn't seem right.

Hi Will, 

Thank you for your question. No, if the client pauses the contract that will not affect any payment for the work that is already submitted or logged before that but it will prevent the freelancer from working further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Srinivas M.,

Did you formally submit your work for the second work product to the client using the project page's "Submit" before you were told the project was suspended/paused?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members