🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Issue
Page options
a7845a0d
Community Member

Payment Issue

Hello, DID I MAKE A MISTAKE ?

I successfully completed the job with the client and submitted the work for review, immediately ending the contract afterward. I did both actions one after the other, and now the client doesn't have the ability to review the work. It says JOB STATUS = CANCELED, but it also states that if the client doesn't review the work within a certain period, the money will be forwarded to me. The client left feedback and gave me the maximum rating, but it's not showing up on either my or their profile

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Milos,

I can see that there was another contract with the same title and client you closed right after you submitted the milestone for review, which is what you are seeing. This meant you refunded the money in escrow to the client since the contract was canceled before they could review your submission.

You have already initiated a new contract with them, and these funds were released to you; you should see this by visiting your Reports Home page's pending tab. In the future, always wait for the client to review the work you submitted and release the payment before ending the contract. Feel free to check out this article for more information on how Fixed-Price contracts work. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members