🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No TIN since I am student
Page options
Community Member

No TIN since I am student

Hi, I'm trying to registed my withdrawal method on Upwork but it requires me to fill in the form of TIN. I am a student, I don't have that yet and my country (Indonesia) doesn't require it until I am fully working. How do I withdraw when this is the case? How do I fill the form?

4 REPLIES 4
c54a6c8f
Community Member

Hi Alika,

A TIN Taxpayer Identification Number is an identifying number used for tax purposes in the United States and in other countries under the Common Reporting Standard. In the United States, it is also known as a Tax Identification Number or Federal Taxpayer Identification Number.
Instead, you can enter "N/A" in the TIN field on the form. You must also select the "I am not a taxpayer in my country" option. Once you have completed the form, you can submit it to Upwork. They will then be able to process your withdrawals without any problems.

Here are the steps on how to complete the W-8BEN form without a TIN:

1. Go to your Upwork profile and click on "Settings."
  2. Click on "Tax Information."
  3. Click on "Add Tax Form."
  4. Select "W-8BEN" from the list of forms.
  5. Enter your name, address, and date of birth.
  6. Select the "I am not a taxpayer in my country" option.
  7. Enter "N/A" in the TIN field.
  8. Click on "Submit".

I hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Jass

No, it didn't! There's no option for that.

759e32fa

Hi Deandra Alika,

We suggest consulting a local tax advisor. A TIN is usually can already be requested as long as you're of legal age, even if you're not working yet. You may check this help article for more information on how to fill in your tax information in the settings.

~ AJ
Upwork
8903b328
Community Member

Hello, I'm a student and i dont have TIN, what to do?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members