🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Middle Ground selction for Project Catalogs ...
Page options
2297e2bc
Community Member

Middle Ground selction for Project Catalogs and Profiles

BASED  ON THESE SELECTIONS BELOW (from UW Help page)

Availability options

• Public — Your profile will be visible to the entire internet, including clients, freelancers, and visitors. It’s also visible to search engines such as Google and Bing. Use this option if you want anyone with internet access to be able to view your Upwork profile.
  • Only Upwork Users — Only logged-in Upwork members can find your profile and it’s hidden from search engines.
  • Private — We’ll exclude your profile from the Upwork marketplace and search engines. This means clients won’t see you when they search for freelancers. People who aren’t logged into Upwork won’t be able to access your profile via a direct link. People who are logged into Upwork and have access to your direct profile link will only be able to see your first name, last initial, title, photo, rate, city, and country.

Does this mean the searches done with UpWorks universe are actually Google and Bing engine searches?

I would really like to NOT have my profile on the public web. TOO many spammers and just plain idiots jerking you/us around, let alone stealing your work and plagerising your text.

I had originally thought the "ONLY" would still list my profile and projects top bonafide UW subscribers. So for 3 months NO-ONE has been able to search for my catalog or profile. To add to this hastle, I also lost mucho $$$ on connects and my time!

It's bad enough that the search reveals 10,000 people doing my sort of work. But when you cannot see yourself in the mirro!........!

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hello David,

Google search and Upwork search are two different things. Depending on how you've set your profile visibility, you may not appear on a Google search, but you would for someone searching within the Upwork platform.

• Public - you're visible on both.
  • Upwork only - you're visible on Upwork search but not Google search.
  • Private - you're not visible in either search.

If you don't want to appear on a Google search but still show for Upwork users, then you should update your profile visibility to "Only Upwork Users." 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2297e2bc
Community Member

I had it set for Upwork Only. But the guy that gives all the profile advice (forgot his handle but he made $1mil) said he could not see my profile.

I  will re-set to Upwork only right now.

Please test for me later today or tomorrow.

-Thanks

Dave

Your profile is shown for users now.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members