🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Having difficulty as a Nigerian to verify you...
Page options
f1085b04
Community Member

Having difficulty as a Nigerian to verify your ID using NIN?

Once you have NIN slip, you can use it for your ID verification. Just ensure it is well snapped and ensure the name, address on it tally with the ones on your profile.
173 REPLIES 173
a0ef16ec
Community Member

Hi Nike, thank you for this very helpful piece of information. 

c896c815
Community Member

that Is the difficulties I am facing right now 

Hi Ifeoluwa,

Thank you for your message. Could you please tell us more about the issue you are facing? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep

i have difficulties in verfiying my Nin 

Hi Oluwakemisola,

I'm responding here on behalf of Pradeep. I have requested the assistance of our team for your verification. One of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
38fc96dc
Community Member

hi Joanne 

is the support ticket through email

Hi Oluwakemisola,

Yes, you will also receive an email notification for the support ticket on your registered email address. You can view and respond to the email directly.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, 

The system is rejecting my Digital NIN. I need to get verified as soon as possible. I have a contract pending and deadline to meet. Please do the manual verification if possible.

Hello Rachel,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the verification process. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents has contacted you to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e6d274fc
Community Member

Hi Pradeep, 

I submitted physical and digital NIN, both were rejected.

I have a pending contract and I have an urgent deadline 

please help

-Chris C

e9bca409
Community Member

I am having issues verifying my NIN it keeps showing 'we couldn't recognise your document '

Hi Victor,

I can see that you've coordinated with the appropriate team via a support ticket about this error when trying to verify your ID. Could you please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies before logging back into your account? You may also use a different browser or the incognito mode of the current one.

Once logged in, you may go to Settings> Identity Verification to proceed with completing the ID verification. Let us know if you need further assistance afterward; we'll look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
acf12947
Community Member

Hello

my NIn slip is being rejected 

please I need assistance 

Hi Joshua,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties getting your ID-verified. I've reached out directly to the team handling the review to give your case the attention it deserves. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members on your ticket here and your email once it's been thoroughly reviewed. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

I'm a Nigerian, and as one you only get an NIN slip as an ID or a digital ID Card. But for some reason it keeps getting rejcted by upwork. I tried sending mails to Upwork and was redirected to use the support forum. Please my contract will be suspended in 5 days, and my client is likely to cancel if I dont't get this done before then.

I look forward to y'all's response. I'M LITERALLY TRAPPED!!

jimsuff
Community Member

Hey Joshua, just wanted to share how I successfully resolved this same issue. I managed to overcome it by utilizing my digital ID card, albeit in a slightly unconventional way – I ended up using another phone to simulate the ID card. But hey, it got the job done!

acf12947
Community Member

Will try that I guess

thank you 

ad08e4e7
Community Member

Please how did you do it

a001e4df
Community Member

sorry, do you mean the digital id from the nimc app? like you took a picture of it while it was on the nimc app?

Hi PrADEEP

Hello sir, I'm having issues verifying with my NIN as well. 
I have tried with the NIN slip as well as the NIN Digital card but still unable to verify my identity 

Hi Peace,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ad08e4e7
Community Member

hello LuiggiR, my name is Comfort , I am a Nigerian and I just recently got my first upwork job, the ID verification process has really been frustrating for me and i don't know what to do anymore. I have tried uploading the digital version and the nin slip but its not working

Hi Comfort,

I'm sorry to learn you're having trouble with the verification process. The team contacted you via this support ticket with more information about what happened. Please refer to the ticket and don't hesitate to follow up with the team through that same ticket if you have questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e9bca409
Community Member

Hello LuiggiR I am having issues with uploading of my NIN. It keeps rejecting it

Hi Victor,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I used a digital version NIN to verify mine 

Pls am having difficulties verifying my I'd NIN 

it writing unable to review myID card 

Hi Victor,

Please know that If the system rejects your ID, the submission is denied. Kindly consider submitting another alternate valid government-issued ID. You can also refer to the email sent by our review team for more information about acceptable documents and best practices when submitting your ID for approval.

Once you can resubmit, access your Upwork account Settings and click the Identity Verification tab to continue. 
Please check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I am facing the same problem even when my NIN was captured, everything about my ID card/ location etc was verified successful but my National identify card itself was rejected please assist thanks 

Hi Pradeep, I uploaded my NIN slip with all its details clearly shown, but i receive this error:
"We had some trouble verifying your ID"
Please assist, thanks.

Hi Itive,

I'm sorry if you're having trouble verifying your ID. Please know that If the system is rejecting your ID, it means the submission was denied. Kindly consider submitting other alternate Valid Government-issued ID or check this help article for more information about acceptable documents and best practices when submitting your ID for approval.

Once you are ready to resubmit, access your Upwork account Settings and click the Identity Verification tab to continue. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cf8fc325
Community Member

they are rejecting my ID

Hi Ololade,

Our automated verification system experienced some difficulties in approving your ID during your initial submission. This is not uncommon, as factors such as image quality and the angle of the ID photo can sometimes affect the approval process.

Our verification system may require multiple attempts before accepting your ID, so please be patient and try submitting it a few times if necessary.

Try submitting the ID again or please check other alternate Government acceptable ID's.

We only accept the following, unexpired document:

Passport
Residence Permit
Election Card
National ID
Driver’s License

Best practices for images include:

• The ID should be a valid government issued photo ID (not a digital, expired or temporary)
  • Do not crop or alter your image
  • Ensure all four corners of your ID are visible
  • The image should be clear and in color
  • The ID name must match the information on your Upwork account

Rest assured, if our automated system does not approve your ID, it will be escalated to our team for manual review.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Pradeep

I have been having issues verifying my account with my NIN slip which is my only valid means of identification.

I have submitted it for review again, but no response yet.

Please kindly look into this becasue i have pending contracts to be meet and also not been able to send proposals for quite sometimes.

kakank
Community Member

Hey Ifeoluwa, we're you able to use your NIN?

Hello boss how are you,,,,i'm experiencing difficulties in getting a job man,could you please help me how to st things in place so that I can also earn.

Hi Kleins,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Good luck!

~ AJ
Upwork
54ba1697
Community Member

Pls how did you use your nin slip, help me with all the details and process you used to get verified

62cef010
Community Member

Please how do I verify my identity using my NIN SLIP? Please quick response I have only tomorrow to verify my account.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members