🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Having difficulty as a Nigerian to verify...
Page options
f1085b04
Community Member

Having difficulty as a Nigerian to verify your ID using NIN?

Once you have NIN slip, you can use it for your ID verification. Just ensure it is well snapped and ensure the name, address on it tally with the ones on your profile.
185 REPLIES 185
62cef010
Community Member

Please how do I verify my identity using my NIN SLIP? Please quick response I have only tomorrow to verify my account.

2f85ff1e
Community Member

currently having the same problem, I have tried twice but they keep telling me that they could`nt process it.

what happens if i am unable to meet up with the deadline? because i currently have some funds on my upwork account.

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for your patience. I see that your account is already verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello sir, I'm having issues verifying with my NIN as well. 
I have tried with the NIN slip as well as the NIN Digital card but still unable to verify my identity 

Hi Nnamdi,

I've checked and it looks like you've already successfully completed your verification. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi PradeepH,

I was sent a verification email after landing my first gig. I tried using my Voters ID but it was rejected. Support sent an email and asked I use my NINS. I've tried uploading the NINS. It keeps saying "Can't find the 4 corners of your document". 

Today is the last day from the 7 days ultimatum. I don't know what to do anymore. I've reached out to support but I've not gotten any positive feedback. Please help.

Hi Success, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
690d7a5b
Community Member

Thank you!

I still haven't gotten any support ticket yet.

28ff6f6b
Community Member

Hello NikolaS

i have also gotten the notification to verify my identity, wanted to use my NIN identity card, but am having diffulty in capturing it. it keep saying four corner of the document not found. please how should i proceed?. my deadline is almost here. Treat as urgent please. Thanks

Hi Abdulwadood,

You may want to zoom out while clicking the photo of your NIN identity card or adjust your card to include all corners before capturing the image. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello. Have done it. Still getting the same error. Will appreciate if i can get a support ticket.

eb569365
Community Member

I am currently facing same issues with my NIN getting approved, today is my deadline day. I contacted support no positive response from them

Hi Temidayo,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ifeanyi-ndukwe
Community Member

I am facing the same challenge with getting verified with my NIN slip. Please support help, thank you 

mudi2017
Community Member

I am facing a similar challenge with getting verified with my NIN slip. Please support help, thank you
My deadline is fast approaching

Hi Omene,

Thank you for your message. You can select the option for a National ID card and upload your NIN and if there is no date of birth on it, then you will need to upload a birth certificate along with the NIN slip. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your reply 
My NIN doesn't have a date of birth on it and I can only upload one image at a time on the verification page. The option of uploading my birth certificate along with the NIN slip isn't available and I tried editing the image to accomodate both documents but the verification didn't work

In that case, please proceed with uploading just NIN without editing the image. Our team will reach out to you if they need additional information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

There is no address on my NIN, but there is a barcode, i that okay. I submitted my NIN and upwork is asking me to resubmit.

Hi Peace, 

I see that the team contacted you directly via this support ticket with more information on why your submission was declined. I recommend that you refer to your ticket and don't hesitate to follow up with the team through the same ticket if you have questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
74cf9e48
Community Member

Hello Luiggi,

I'm having similar issues and I have tried your recommendations but it still won't work. Please what should I do next?

Hi Chigbogu,

We've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
d2f1795b
Community Member

Hi JoanneP 

I tried uploading my NIN slip but I keep getting the error "we couldn't recognize your document". Please can you help me resolve this

Hi Divine,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while uploading the NIN slip. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep 

Upwork

Hi Pradeep

I just tried this but I'm still getting the same error. Upwork restricted me from applying for jobs because of this identity verification. Please can you help me resolve this issue of NIN slip upload.

Hi Divine,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d2f1795b
Community Member

Hi Nikola

Thanks for the assistance. But I haven't been contacted yet

28ff6f6b
Community Member

Hello JoanneP

i have also gotten the notification to verify my identity, wanted to use my NIN identity card, but am having diffulty in capturing it. it keep saying four corner of the document not found. please how should i proceed?. my deadline is almost here. Treat as urgent please. Thanks

36630dbc
Community Member

Hi, I'm having similar issue with getting my identity verfied with my NIN slip. Please help!

Hi Rebecca,

Please refer to my response above to verify your account using NIN slip.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you.

I have resubmitted my NIN slip. In the id type I selected 'others' , I'm worried if this will affect my verification.

Please were you later able to verify via nin slip 

Please I will also need the team to reach out to me as well.

I have my NIN and birth certificate.

Please I don't want my account to be blocked. I have some funds in my Upwork account.

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties verifying your ID. However, please be aware that the ID should be a valid government-issued photo ID (not a digital copy, expired or temporary). That said, we only accept the following, unexpired documents:

- Passport
- Residence Permit
- Election Card
- National ID
- Driver’s License

Once you are ready to resubmit, access your Upwork account Settings and click the Identity Verification tab to continue. Please check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1745025f
Community Member

Hello sir, I'm having issues verifying with my NIN as well. I have tried with the NIN slip as well as the NIN Digital card but still unable to verify my identity

Hi Godswill,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties getting your ID verified. However, I can see that the team has reached out with more information about the status of your ID and further instructions on how to complete the process. Feel free to coordinate by responding to the email and they'll surely assist you accordingly. You may also check the support ticket linked to your case here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
604d484b
Community Member

• Please I've been finding it difficult uploading my Nin. (From Nigeria). I've converted my photo to png. I ensured the border line was showing, and its yet to confirm. Please can this be fixed as soon as possible?

pascal251
Community Member

I am currently facing same issues with my NIN getting processed. 

Hi Pascal,

I see that the team has reached out with more information about the status of your ID and instructions for resolving the issue. Feel free to coordinate with the team by responding to their email if you need further assistance; they'll surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Has your isdusecbeen resolved.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members