🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does submitting a proposal imply a commitment...
Page options
alex_keaton
Community Member

Does submitting a proposal imply a commitment to undertake the job if the client accepts it?

Hello

I raise this concern because I come across intriguing projects that lack some import specifics for a firm proposal.

For example, one project mentions it's a job spanning a certain number of days, but it lacks details such as the number of hours per day and other essential specifications.

In the event that I apply and later realize the full specifications are outside the scope of my proposal, would I have the option to withdraw my proposal?

2 REPLIES 2
bobafett999
Community Member

No it does not imply commitment. You can back out at the last minute.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Alex K.,

You should include in your initial proposal the important assumptions about what you will and will not provide to the client, noting that some of those items need to be discussed in a call with the client before agreeing to an Upwork contract.

This is especially important with fixed price projects. Hourly contracts a better for projects you expect will have some scope creep, especially with clients you can tell really don't know much about the work they are asking you to do.

Freelance defensively!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members