🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract ended and escrow refund
Page options
c0d98c08
Community Member

Contract ended and escrow refund

One new client on upwork assigned me a contract and after completing some initials he said that he has some change of plan and he want me to work on other project with me so he ended the ongoing contract with 5 star without completing that project and ask for refund of it's amount that is in esccrow and he is saying that it will not effect on my JSS moreover he want me to start work on new project. so I want a guidence that it will effect on my JSS or not?

3 REPLIES 3
dataextract
Community Member

Is that a full refund or partial? If full refund, then you will have have a public feedback from the client, but they can leave a private feedback which will have an impact in the JSS.  If partial refund, then the public feedback will still be there and that partial refund will not have an impact in the JSS directly.

15b8ab81
Community Member

In general, when a client ends a contract early and requests a refund for the amount in escrow, it can potentially have an impact on your Job Success Score (JSS) on Upwork. The JSS is calculated based on various factors, including client satisfaction, completed contracts, and feedback received.

Here's what you can consider:

1. Client satisfaction: If the client ended the contract early and requested a refund, it may indicate dissatisfaction with the work completed so far. However, if the client expressed satisfaction with your work and simply had a change of plans, it may have less of a negative impact on your JSS.

2. Feedback: If the client leaves positive feedback despite ending the contract early, it can help mitigate any negative impact on your JSS. Conversely, negative feedback or no feedback at all may have a more significant impact.

3. Completion rate: Ending contracts early can affect your completion rate, which is one of the factors that contribute to your JSS. However, Upwork does consider various factors and may adjust the impact based on the circumstances of the contract closure.

4. Communication with Upwork: If you believe the situation was beyond your control or if there were extenuating circumstances, you can consider reaching out to Upwork's support team to explain the situation. They may take that into account when calculating your JSS.

Ultimately, while ending a contract early and issuing a refund can potentially have an impact on your JSS, it's not necessarily a guaranteed negative outcome. Focus on delivering high-quality work, maintaining open communication with your clients, and resolving any issues promptly to minimize the impact on your JSS.

It's also a good idea to discuss the situation with the client and ensure that expectations are clear for any future projects to avoid similar situations in the future.

ae54d2f7
Community Member

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members