🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Issues
Page options
091798f7
Community Member

Client Issues

Hello,

I was approached by a person on chat who was looking for scripts to be written for them. After checking their verifications and client history I was convinced they could be trusted. However, they wanted a sample written first for which they stated that they would create a contract only after they liked the sample which was fair on their end. So I wrote them a sample and after at least 6 edits to the sample I made for free, they sent me a random file with a number in it and a message saying yes or no. This was right after I had told them that maybe we were not suitable for each other's requirements as so many edits meant that I could not provide what they were looking for. However, they asked me to make one last small edit after which they sent me the odd message. Instantly I was alerted that even though their client history was good this seemed to be extremely odd especially because of their short texts and weird documents, this seemed like a scam. So I blocked them as soon as I told them that I did not want to continue this "Job". (I have attched screenshots below)

My question is that would blocking this person adversely effect my account in any way for eg holds or bans? and is there any way I can report such an instance so other freelancers do not get in trouble? Please help me out. Thank you!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
fccfebe2
Community Member

Hi Soha, blocking a user will not affect your account in any way. And if you want to report suspicious user activity please refer to this article: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063118-Report-Suspicious-User-Activity

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
fccfebe2
Community Member

Hi Soha, blocking a user will not affect your account in any way. And if you want to report suspicious user activity please refer to this article: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063118-Report-Suspicious-User-Activity

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members