🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Adding a different card to a different contra...
Page options
mattyturn95
Community Member

Adding a different card to a different contract

Hello,

I hope you're doing well. I've been working with a client for about six months. Initially, the client set up a contract for a new website for his company, and payments were made using his company's credit card. Now, he has a separate project he wants me to work on. This new project is for a different company he owns and is unrelated to the first one.

I'm wondering if it's possible for my client to add a second credit card to his account, so he can use one card for each project. The two projects are entirely separate, and he needs to keep their finances distinct. Can he set up two different credit cards for each contract on his account?

4 REPLIES 4
LuiggiR

Hi Matthew,

Clients can add distinct billing methods to their accounts and choose which one they prefer to be their primary. You can share this article with your client for more information on the billing methods they can add and advise them to Contact Support directly if they have additional questions about their specific account. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks, but that doesnt really answer the question. He needs a seperate card dedicated to each contract. As the payments are taken automatically, the designated card would then pay for both contracts, as I do work for both contracts on a weekly basis ( Hourly )

How can he select a dedicated card for each contract?

Or what is the workaround for this?

Hi Matthew, 

You have the option to set up teams and divide contracts for each group into different teams. Each team has its own ReportsMembers & Permissions, and (optionally) Financial Account

With this option, you can assign contracts to different teams and use separate billing methods for each contract. 

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
spectralua
Community Member

Not possible.

Workaround via second account. Client able to have corporate + private accounts. Or couple of corp accounts for separate firms.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members