🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Fraudulent clients
Page options
e7f4b530
Community Member

Fraudulent clients

2 of the people i did work for scam  me out few thousand and never payer my salary  i already did all the work . Salary was .$2500:  I still lost everything. Because i did not know it was. A scam .You need to check if they not up again looking for the next target. The work is photos and typing in word document 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**and the guy that he sends to you for payment is payment manager **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Please no ugly comments or rude. Im suffering enough as it is. And im new to all this. So please dont be nasty. Thank you. Everything seemed on the up and up 

5 REPLIES 5
zansari
Community Member

Hi Vaneesa,

Learn from the mistakes and move forward. Here are tips for doing work at Upwork to save yourself from fraudulent clients.

For Hourly contracts: If you're working on an hourly basis and you've logged your hours using the desktop app, you'll receive your payment once the client's review period ends, which typically aligns with the weekly pay cycle. For more information, you can check out the details provided at Link here.

For fixed-price contracts: the client has a window of 14 days to review the work and request any necessary revisions. If they don't provide any feedback within this time frame, the funds held in escrow will be automatically released after the 14-day period.

If you don't have an active contract listed under "My Jobs" for the work you've completed for this client, unfortunately, it means you've worked without compensation, and there isn't much that can be done about it.

Keep the contract terms aligned with the contract type clear with clients.

Best Wishes Zulqarnain Ansari (Zain)

The scam is an old one, and has nothing to do with hourly or fixed price. It has all the red flags of a scam. She needs to learn how to avoid scams, because usually, no one gets paid in a scam. Sure, there is "protection" supposedly, but fixed price won't give you money, and if you don't bother to read any rules or follow them, you probably won't do hourly right, either.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Make sure to stay on Upwork and have a Contract before starting work.

Click the above Academy link for Job success.

8d1359cb
Community Member

I dont want to sound rude or nasty but do you know why this happened to you ? Because you have no idea about the upwork ToS, guideline etc. If you want to offer your services here then atleast try to learn how this system works. every new account gets email from upwork about "How to use this platform blah blah blah". but ofcourse we are too busy looking for jobs, who has time.

the-right-writer
Community Member

Before you are scammed again, learn the Terms of Service and follow them. The read this excellent and crucial information on the Red Flags on Scams. Do not look at jobs or accept an invitation until you read everything and understand it. Your profile is private, but I know what's there. It needs a lot of work. The more professional the profile, the fewer scammers and more clients you will attract. Use the link at the top of the page and use the Academy to learn how to use the platform, and create an excellent profile. Currently, all you will find are scams. You have to protect yourself because no one, including Upwork, will do it for you. Be safe.

If you encounter a job you aren't sure of, post it in the forum, and people should be able to tell you if it's legitimate or a scam.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths