🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Education
Page options
eee4b80c
Community Member

Education

Educating people who are not aware of this community.

We should educate people who are in need of money and show them how they can operate with this online job opportunity

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bf97c28c
Community Member

Hi Samuel. It's an interesting topic. What way do you offer?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bf97c28c
Community Member

Hi Samuel. It's an interesting topic. What way do you offer?

1d0fbea0
Community Member

Education is important for every human being because education makes  a person possible to think what is wrong and what is right... And it helps a person not get engulfed by wrong information... It helps u to find right information. 

allpurposewriter
Community Member

"We should educate people who are in need of money and show them how they can operate with this online job opportunity."

I appreciate the sentiment, but that's a very simplistic thing to say. Freelancing is not as easy as it sounds and many times (most tiimes) it takes quite a while before you get any steady work. So, to start with you are asking "people who are in need of money," to try something in which the money maybe months or years away.

To my thinking, Upwork is a very easy platform to use, but it takes years of dedicated work before you reach a level that allows you to make it on your own (as a freelancer). I worked as a freelance writer for years before I found Upwork. By then I had learned what editors and publishers wanted to hear. I learned how to adjust my writing to suit different expectations. I learned how the writer's market operated. At the same time, I went from being a slow, tentative writer to a very fast, professional writer. That took many, many years to learn.

So, when you say we should educate people who need money, do you mean teach them the basic skills then need to be a freelancer or do you mean teach them how to write a really good profile even if they do not yet have the professional chops it takes to survive in their niche? Some learning (how to be a better writer, how to negotiate the wide-open marketplace) take years to develop. That seems like more than Upwork or its members can take on.

nahidhasan771
Community Member

Good topic

Latest Articles
Learning Paths