🐈
» Forums » Clients » Why do clients never answer when applying for...
Page options
aeb684f8
Community Member

Why do clients never answer when applying for a job?

I think that we, as a freelancer, waste our time here at Upwork. Why? 
1- You spent money to apply for a job. This is illegal. 
2- After you have spent time and money, the client never answers you. After that, your time and money are going to the toilet. It's hilarious! Right? Who is feeling like me? Comment below! 😊😜

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
williamtcooper
Community Member

Make sure that your cover letter is a max of 75 words and your Upwork Profile is up-to-date.

Have in-demand Skills that clients need and few freelancers have.

I follow the above principles and have had 100+ client engagements this year.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
kathy-shattler
Community Member

Me. In three weeks I have had 3 job scams on Upwork and two on LinkedIn. I am discouraged with spending so many connects and getting no response.

I decide to build some muscle.

tjmisny
Community Member

This has happened to me well over a hundred times this year, almost all with Boosted Connects.  It's infuriating.  

m-donna
Community Member

You realize it costs them nothing to post and can post as many as they want charging as much as they want, right?  We are the business as freelancers.  Otherwise nobody pays anything- unless it is the rare transaction that is real.  Rare.  As much as I've made here, I've spent FAR more.  If you see they've never done a job (no stars, no number next to how many they've done) they are never coming back, period.  Don't waste your money or connects.

khushbu_gohil
Community Member

I obeserved since 20 Feb when connects goes up and down mostly no rating and $0 spent job post are 16 connects and budget is very low and odd like $5, $7, $26 for 16 connects 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Make sure that your cover letter is a max of 75 words and your Upwork Profile is up-to-date.

Have in-demand Skills that clients need and few freelancers have.

I follow the above principles and have had 100+ client engagements this year.

Thank you 😊👍

No, I think it is not in this way. I did but nothing, hehe. 

Hey! Don't scam.

The work pool is saturated. How do I stand out in my niche? would you kindly look at my profile and let me know?

Please write four compelling paragraphs for the Summary with a focus on the first sentence because it's in client search and remove the emoticons.

a0c7219a
Community Member

I am a senior system engineer. I was introduced to a head hunter overseas by my partner on linkedin. This head hunter didn't even talk to me a word and then spoke with my bf and told him can’t help.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths