🐈
» Forums » Clients » Send a message to a closed job post
Page options
7bd0d548
Community Member

Send a message to a closed job post

How do I send a freelancer a message to a closed job post ?

I received many proposals, but unable to send them a message.

The way I see it, upwork hired too expensive developers for a very low quality of work. The web has so many errors, laggy, etc. https://prnt.sc/Ssg7csnLzUyM

Also, I am traumatized that upwork flagged me a ticket for making multiple same title job post. So I don't want to make a job post here anymore. Seems Upwork has many rules that can get you kicked out of the platform for being a little careless. I don't feel this in another web honestly. 

I suggest to really improve on those 2 feedbacks.

Please help me.

10 REPLIES 10
36a06ea5
Community Member

To send a message to a freelancer on a closed job post, go to the "My Jobs" section and find the closed job. Click on the freelancer's profile and you will see an option to send them a message. Regarding your feedback, I recommend reaching out to Upwork support for assistance with any technical issues or concerns about their platform rules.

I tried to go there, but there was no any option to send them a message.

PradeepH

Hi Ely,

Thank you for your message. It is unfortunate that you are experiencing difficulties in starting a conversation with freelancers. I understand that you want to initiate a conversation with applicants on your closed job. I will be happy to assist you with this concern.

When you close a job post, the status of each freelancer candidate (shortlisted, interviewed, declined, messaged) will be saved to allow you to easily find/hire previous applicants under the Archived tab. You can go to 'View All Job Postings' to find the job, click the job title, and view any past applicants under Review Proposals > Messaged or Archived tab. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

How about the ones that has not messaged me under a closed job ?

Why I can only message 5 of them under that ?

Please make it easier for clients to hire because I am sure for many freelancers it's not easy to get a job here.

I am worried that I will get the account deactivated, so why is there still this re-use job post UI feature on a closed job post ?

I am worried about my account, there are so many things that are against the policy while in fact it’s the interface it’s-self that supports the violation.

erinvega2016
Community Member

Also, I am traumatized that upwork flagged me a ticket for making multiple same title job post. So I don't want to make a job post here anymore. Seems Upwork has many rules that can get you kicked out of the platform for being a little careless. I don't feel this in another web honestly. 

Not sure why you are traumatized by getting a support ticket for posting same multiple jobs when it is clearly stated in the TOS and here. 

Erin V wrote:

Not sure why you are traumatized by getting a support ticket for posting same multiple jobs when it is clearly stated in the TOS and here. 
Basically it's a threat, I faced many such in the past for unintention behavior.

I've seen many profile are permanently removed here, so I assume, it was just a little careless thing they did. I never feels such things in another platform. So I don't want to risk my account. Try be a client your self, you can feel the imbalance treatment that the support seems to pick sided with freelancer more here, unlike in any other freelancer platform.

Ask any freelancer, he will answer for sure that support seems to pick sided with client. 😉

9ccd4c76
Community Member

Hello - I'm experiencing a similar issue. I am able to access the closed job and navigate to the Archived proposals. However, I do not have an option to message a canidate. The only option I have is to "Hire", however we would need to discuss the budget and scope prior to hiring. Please advise. 

2297e2bc
Community Member

This problem exists at the front end too!

I'd like to send messages, to get anwasers, from clients BEFORE I make proposal.

Half the client have incomplete RFP's and then, after winning a bid, I learn about 10 additions they "neglected" to tell me. Or they incesently add on to the work order.

I'm going to start charging for Change Orders like a house contractor!

aleksandra-a
Community Member

I posted a job yesterday but couldn't contact freelancers, so I closed it.
Then I send an invite to interview to a freelancer thinking that maybe that will work. But my job post was duplicated and people were applying spending their connects.
I closed that one too.
Today support said that the issue has been fixed. But is is not.
Now I just want to close my account but it won't let me do, saying I have open open proposals.
But they are closed and I can not delete them.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths