🐈
» Forums » Clients » SCAM!! FREELANCER TOOK PAYMENT WITHOUT DOING ...
Page options
0432136b
Community Member

SCAM!! FREELANCER TOOK PAYMENT WITHOUT DOING THE WORK

UPWORK IS A WHOLE SCAM FROM THE NAME TO FREELANCERS! I CAME HERE TO GET HELP WITH MY BUSINESS FOUND SOMEONE THAT I "THOUGHT" WAS SUITABLE TO TAKE ON THE JOB  BASED OFF THE REVIEWS AND RESEARCH I DID... NOTHING FROM THIS FREELANCER SEEMED OUT OF THE ORDINARY I DID EVERYTHING RIGHT DOWN TO THE BOOK AND UPWORK RULES. THIS FREELANCER NAME IS**Edited for community guidelines**fyi. AFTER DISCUSSING AND CONFIRMING DETAILS AND ALONG WITH PAYMENT SHE ASKED ME TO SEND THE LOGO OF MY BUSINESS AND WEBSITE LINK WHICH I DID.  10 -15 MIN WENT BY I GET A NOTIFICATION THAT SOMEONE FROM INDIA JUST VISITED MY WEBSITE. I WENT ON UPWORK TO MESSAGE THIS FREELANCER/COMPANY AND COULDNT LOGIN I WAS LOCKED OUT OF MY ACCOUNT I TRIED TO RESET THE PASSWORD AND COULDNT!!! I CHECKED MY BANK ACCOUNT SINCE THIS HAPPENED AND SAW THAT MONEY WAS WITHDRAWN FROM MY ACCOUNT AND IT CAME FROM UPWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY TO FIND FREELANCERS ON ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE FROM **Edited for community guidelines**!!!!!!!! I CAN SPEAK ABOUT **Edited for community guidelines**BECAUSE THE COMPANY I HIRED IS FROM **Edited for community guidelines**. THIS IS SO DISSAPOINTING I WAS LOOKING FOWARD TO THIS PROJECT BEING DONE RIGHT AND COMPLETED. WHAT MAKE MATTERS WORST IS THAT UPWORK CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS NON EXISTING THERE'S NO ONE TO CONTACT AT ALL!!  YOU WILL ONLY SPEAK TO A ROBOT CHAT AND ANY NUMBER YOU DO FIND AND CALL FROM UPWORK WILL BE A AUTOMATIC VOICE RECORDING THING SAYING GO TO SUPPORT.UPWORK.COM WHICH THEN YOU WILL FIND A BUNCH OF ARTICLES THAT YOU HAVE TO READ THROUGH.  I WILL NEVER RECCOMMEND UPWORK TO ANY OF MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Donielle,

I'm sorry to hear that your contract with this freelancer didn't turn out as what you have expected. We have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
0432136b
Community Member

Your agent was not any help. He insisted i continue to work with **Edited for Community Guidelines** after i explained the situation to him. I expected him to at least look into the matter and resolve the problem!! Everything i said including providing additional information was a waste of time. Now since **Edited for Community Guidelines**have hacked blocked and submitted payment to himself all in the same day i agreed to work with her or him on the project has NOW SENT ME A Message to an account i Can't access saying the project is completed. I cannot login to my account to reply back to tell her she did a VERY HORRIBLE JOB And MY 14 Yr Old SOn Would have done BETTER she literally wasted my time!  Here's the best part on why she even sent me this mess OF A JOB in the first place BECAUSE SHE CANT PAY HERSELF AFTER HACKING INTO MY ACCOUNT!!! MY DEBIT CARD DETAILS HAS CHANGED!! HER JOB WAS TO CREATE A FACEBOOK BUSINESS PAGE FOR A CLEANING BUSINESS AND IM NOT PLEASED AT ALL SHE PUT NO EFFORT INTO IT!!! IT LITERALLY Looks Like A TWO SECOND JOb definitely something i could of done myself and better... She didn't even send the login details to me  how does she expect me to go behind her to clean up her mess 

9f395534
Community Member

This is really sad to hear, where many Freelancer are striving to get a client someone is busying scamming the one she has, am also a freelancer (illustrator) my advice to you is to always make zoom meeting an option within Upwork, to make sure you are talking to the right person, many Freelancer aren't what they say they are, always caution and never share any private information e.g password or clink on links, I know net (trap) would cash the person someday...

I think Upwork should clear their name by troubleshoot the issue to figure the perpetrator of the act.

Be safe..✍️

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths