🐈
» Forums » Clients » Last Viewed By Employer
Page options
d26da04d
Community Member

Last Viewed By Employer

I've got a job posted and it says that the last time I viewed it was 6 days ago. In this instance, what does "viewed" mean? Went in to edit it? Found it and clicked the link? I've viewed it at least twice in the past 6 days.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
fccfebe2
Community Member

That metric definitely isn't updated in real time. I've frequently gotten responses from clients and when I checked the job post, the "Last Viewed" is listed as 10 or so hours ago. I wouldn't put much stock into it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
fccfebe2
Community Member

That metric definitely isn't updated in real time. I've frequently gotten responses from clients and when I checked the job post, the "Last Viewed" is listed as 10 or so hours ago. I wouldn't put much stock into it.

yeah

williamtcooper
Community Member

It shows when the prospect has last viewed the job post.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

I hope "Last Viewed by Employer" does  mean what it says. I look for new job postings at least once a day, but if I miss a couple of days I don't submit a proposal on a job posting if the client hasn't looked at his own listing in the past three days, assuming the client is actually interested in seeing what sorts of proposals (s)he's receiving.

Upwork used to say nearly all job posting were filled within a couple of days of posting. I'd rather not waste connects, especially now that they've become more costly.

Will,

That's exactly what I think. If an employer has not viewed his or her job in a certain amount of time, I wonder if I want to spend the coins or whatever they call it on it. That coupled with a lot of invites sent and how long a posting has been up, for me, instructs whether I want to spend my time and ultimately money applying for it. The reason I asked is because I don't want people to think I just posted the job and don't still want to hear from people. That being said, to be fair, why would employers go back and take action on a post? Typos they find? Link change? It shouldn't be held against them and I hope it's not... but then again, they're are job searchers like us.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths