🐈
» Forums » Clients » I can't find the reason for the payment error...
Page options
e7b8f934
Community Member

I can't find the reason for the payment error.

As a client, I wanted to hire a person. To finalize the contract, I registered a payment method. I registered a card and verified the card. For the other method, I registered PayPal and went through the process of verifying the card registered with PayPal. This was after checking all the methods listed in the help center. Still, the payment didn't go through. The message simply said, "We're sorry. We're unable to process your payment using this method, please add another payment method." I was even on the verge of paying just a few moments ago, and my bank says it went through, but upwork says it didn't. No matter how many times I try, it doesn't work. The money that went out is not coming back, it didn't even say cancel payment...I just called my bank to check and they told me to put an inquiry on the site again because it's not their problem. I went back to the center to put an inquiry on the site and I could only talk to the AI chat. I just lost more than 400 dollars.

7 REPLIES 7
2f417776
Community Member

experiencing this same issue. Please resolve quickly.

Hi Ezra,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
541003c0
Community Member

My payment method worked yesterday, it doesn't work today. I called the bank, it says you returned the payment. Why? Your articles say that you'll send an email explaining the issue, you all didn't.

I also can't talk or chat with a real person just a AI chatbot that doesn't solve anything but leads me in a circular loop back to forums or help articles, which is maddening not helpful.

Hi Sara,

I checked your account, but I was not able to see any issues with your withdrawal. Are you referring to your membership renewal?

~ Joanne
Upwork
m_njari
Community Member

My payment method doesn't work either, and the problem is not with my bank. I'm receiving an error message when I try to make a payment, but oddly, I've no problem buying connects using the same billing method.

Hi MERCY,

I would be happy to help. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Let us know if the issue persists and we will be happy to assist you further.  

~ Nikola
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Gold,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths