🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to Utilise Connects Effeciently
Page options
padaretafadzwa
Community Member

How to Utilise Connects Effeciently

Hi Up -Workers!

I have been reserving my free connects inorder to apply for jobs that I am confident that I will get without having to buy more connects. On many occasions  I have had to buy more connects to apply for jobs that I end up not getting. How do you guys manage to use your connects efficiently without having to buy more?  

Your advise and thoughts are highly appreciated.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
57ff20c0
Community Member

Hi Tafadzwa,

To use your Connect effectively you need to know first those things;

1, Avoid to  less competitive hib and specialized jobs that require more Connects.

2, Before applying optimising your Up work profile as much as possible.

3, Just apply a job that relevant for your skill

4,  Use a filter option to get more fit job for you.

ALFERID ABRAR.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
57ff20c0
Community Member

Hi Tafadzwa,

To use your Connect effectively you need to know first those things;

1, Avoid to  less competitive hib and specialized jobs that require more Connects.

2, Before applying optimising your Up work profile as much as possible.

3, Just apply a job that relevant for your skill

4,  Use a filter option to get more fit job for you.

ALFERID ABRAR.

spectralua
Community Member

Nope. Must buy again and again. 10 connects is nothing.

cffbdd71
Community Member

I don´t know Tafadzwa, it happened the same to me, and I´m angry about having to buy more and more connects.  I am angry that I must buy more and more connects to apply or be among the first submissions. Why do I have to pay every time to get a job?

thats how this system is designed. this is upwork's primary source of income now.

Being first doesn't mean anything. If the first two sentences don't impress the client, it doesn't matter.

Upwork needs income, and it has decided to abandon the business model and turn to a connect-based one instead.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Only bid on EXACT matches for the Job so you can become a Best Match.

It's not necesary to bid for the top for spots, but instead apply for exact matches.

the-right-writer
Community Member

Thorough vetting of jobs, clients, and freelancers, is mandatory. I am very good at spotting the scams, so I don't apply. While this reduces the number of what you think are jobs, it saves connects, money, frustration, and more by avoiding scams. What freelancers won't accept is that there may be considerable time that passes before you find a job where you hold every qualification, the job is legitimate, and it pays more than pennies. That's why I rarely apply to a job. It's better to have not applied, than to be scammed.

So, what do you do when you need money? Look for multiple sources. Be creative and think outside of platforms.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths