🐈
» Forums » Clients » How do I submit support ticket?
Page options
0fd5b784
Community Member

How do I submit support ticket?

I am trying resolve my account so I can hire, but I cannot find where to submit a support ticket.
24 REPLIES 24
JoanneP

Hi Jennifer, 

Thanks for reaching out. You can click the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help you, go ahead and select the best option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Ask something else" for more options, including contacting our support team. Please feel free to share more information with us here in the community and we'll gladly help you with it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
665ac5aa
Community Member

I have made a ticket regarding a scam that happened to me but no one has answered. How do I make a new one?

Hi Erica,

Rest assusred, our team has received your ticket and will follow up directly there as soon as possible to assist you further. Feel free to follow up on your ticket with any additional questions or information you may have. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

When will they apply been sending many messages but they haven’t said
anything?

Hi Erica,

Your dispute agent will update your ticket/dispute in up to 3 business days. Feel free to follow up directly there with you have any additional questions. Thank you for your patience.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Please help. The client sent me an invitation about the project and I accepted. He discussed it and then he sent an hourly rate proposal that was not in the scope of the actual agreement of his proposal that he said in the invitation. Well, we talked about it and he canceled. The point is I never ask for an hourly rate proposal. I never decline the offer. I did nothing. So why did my Job success % become decrease from 100% to 91%? What is this? I can't contact with Upwork team because of a website error. What i do now?

02aca840
Community Member

Hi @Joanne MarieP - following others who are not able to submit a ticket, I am desperatly trying to reach out to you, trying to find out whether it is possoble to change the owner of a company within Upwork - the problem being that if I close my account I will not be able to open it again, becoming only a member.

Thanks for your support!

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, it is possible to transfer ownership of the company account. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ab2e8a71
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I do not see the question mark at the bottom right. Has the page been updated? Could you please help with the new link if, if it has been updated?

Hi Mohamed,

I am sorry you're experiencing issues contacting support. Yes, we have updated the workflow to create a personalized experience to better assist all Upwork platform users via the chatbot. The more you interact with the chatbot, the more custom responses you’ll receive.

Here’s how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘chat with Upwork button’.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Please feel free to share more information with us here in the community and we'll gladly help you with it. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
c3cf1dee
Community Member

You can click the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help you, go ahead and select the best option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click Ask something else for more options,

d724c6d3
Community Member

Hi please, I need the Upwork customer support to attend to the issue I'm having presently, After I have tried all my possible best to submit a request but I'm unable to.

Please I will appreciate your concern and I look forward to hearing back from you now. 

Hello Upwork support team,

I have an issue with my projects and I have been submitting request through my Registered email to the Upwork support team but I get no reply to submitted request. Please any help from this area will be appreciated. 

Hi Oluwa, 

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties contacting our support team for assistance. Could you please tell us more about your concern about your project? We'll be more than willing to look into that and assist you accordingly.

We look forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
31012d67
Community Member

Help filing a ticket- following similar posts, I need help with a specific question and can't find how to submit a support ticket. The question is that I'm on holiday in Mexico where the VAT is high - and wrote a job proposal offer for freelancers while here -  but returning back home in a few weeks where there is no VAT. I do not want to pay the additional VAT when I hire a freelancer. How do I do this, do I need to submit a new proposal in a few weeks & delay hiring?

Hi Baillie,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties getting support. Please allow me to address your query. Please remember that countries and jurisdictions where you live or do business may charge taxes that apply to your transactions on Upwork, including:

• Services you purchase from Upwork, such as featured job posts, for example
  • Services you purchase from freelancers on Upwork

These taxes may be called sales tax, value-added tax (VAT), goods and services tax (GST), digital services tax (DST), sales and services tax (SST), indirect tax, consumption tax, or other names in your country. The amount, who pays, and which services are taxed also vary.

We're required to comply with the tax laws of the countries where we do business, including collecting taxes and remitting them — which means sending the money we collect from you to the tax authority of the government that requires the tax. We strongly encourage you to consult your country's tax authority or tax advisor with questions about your specific situation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
31012d67
Community Member

Thank you, but this did not answer my question.

I'm on holiday and I posted an advert from here... where there is an added
VAT. If I make the payment to the freelancer when I go back home, will I
still be charged the extra VAT? Or do I need to cancel the posting and then
repost it when I get back home?

We certainly understand your concern Baillie, and thank you for your response.

As discussed above,  countries and jurisdictions where you live or do business may charge taxes that apply to your transactions on Upwork.

Unfortunately, we can only provide general information about your query with the Client's Tax InformationWe strongly encourage you to consult your country's tax authority or tax advisor with questions about your specific situation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7bd0d548
Community Member

Unbelievably They made it so that we can't make a ticket by just simply send email anymore. It's disappointing that you have to go to the help and support page and click over many things.

Hello Ely, where exactly did you manage to find and submit a ticket? i can't find it in the support page.

a3793803
Community Member

How can I submit a support request?  I need to unlink my mobile number from an Upwork account set up with my old employer's email.

Hi Mark,

I took the liberty of escalating your community post to a support ticket to give your concern the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
seo-99
Community Member

hi there!

it's nearly impossible to submit a request for a specific query. You guys removed the ticket system for easy submission and the chatbot doesn't pass the request to an agent. I have a query i don't necessarily want to post on the forum in public. How do i do it?

thanks

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with chatbot. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths